Applying a template locks note for editing

Hello.

When I create a new note and apply a saved template to the new note, it then becomes un-editable.

The behavior is similar to opening an existing note, and not tapping the edit button (if you have note protection enabled), resulting in an inability to make changes to said existing note. 

Or... am I supposed to tap the checkmark at the top left first, and then make edits?

Thanks.

• Level 5

Hi, Anybody is out for Dinner.

Can't confirm that issue. I open a new note and select "apply template". Either way with a predefined or one of my own templates, it opens and after a short (maybe a second wait) I can start typing. Just need to tap once where I want to place the cursor, and then it starts to flash and expects input.

iOS 15.3.1, EN 10.26.

Thank you, @PinkElephant for your reply.  I found by experimenting a bit on this issue with the iOS app that after applying my predefined template, that after the template appears - tapping the checkmark in the upper left-hand corner allows me to start editing.  Perhaps that is the step I was missing - but I am glad to have found a way forward. 

• Like 1