• 2 weeks later...

Same issue for me! "Mastercopy" on the server is as it always was but in the app, on the desktop, the shortcuts are empty. It says "move something here" and when I do, it says "exists already." 

I've been using Evernote for 10+ years and this is a new behavior. I'd say it's a bug and I wonder if it's being tackled?

Thanks,

-- Elke

Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 11.35.08 PM.png

29 minutes ago, ElkeNYC said:

Same issue for me! "Mastercopy" on the server is as it always was but in the app, on the desktop, the shortcuts are empty. It says "move something here" and when I do, it says "exists already." 

I've been using Evernote for 10+ years and this is a new behavior. I'd say it's a bug and I wonder if it's being tackled?

Thanks,

-- Elke

Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 11.35.08 PM.png

Hi Elke, 

Please check if you’re running v10.31.6 on the desktop app. If this will not fix the issue and everything is fine on web, try removing the Evernote data by signing out. This is usually a basic troubleshooting advised by Support. 👍

On 2/20/2022 at 2:13 AM, PinkElephant said:

Can't confirm this.

The master copy is on the server - if on a subscription (web counts as a client), review it on the web client. If it happens there, something is amiss.

Hi PinkElephant, 

This is absolutely right. The main cloud is rarely affected by issues so it’s best if you always check the web first before submitting tickets to Support. If the issue doesn’t happen on web then it maybe device-specific, and user can try some basic troubleshooting steps (depending on the affected device) - first things first - check if app is running the latest version! :) 

• 3 weeks later...

This happened to me as well and the suggested solution worked.  All my shortcuts disappeared on windows 7 desktop Evernote v10.  I tried hard exiting and restarting EN but they did not re-appear.  I then updated to 10.32.4 and they re-appeared.  They never disappeared from Legacy or from the web versions.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Well, Windows 7 is deprecated - this means nobody is going to test a new version agains Win7 to make sure it works.

Furthermore Win7 is absolutely unsafe. The only way to operate a Win7 computer somehow safely is completely offline. Since you use EN, it can‘t be offline. I would ASAP update to Win10. It is the only way to make your data and installation safe again using Windows.

Other users (especially on weaker machines) have made a switch to Linux. But this requires a significant amount of learning. Even when current Linux distributions allow nearly everything from the Windows-style desktop - it is not for people who prefer not to touch the inner workings of their computer. The EN client for Linux is in beta only - this means Linux users typically use the web client.

1 hour ago, idoc said:

This happened to me as well and the suggested solution worked.  All my shortcuts disappeared on windows 7 desktop Evernote v10.  I tried hard exiting and restarting EN but they did not re-appear.  I then updated to 10.32.4 and they re-appeared.  They never disappeared from Legacy or from the web versions.

It’s really important that you always run the latest version. On a side note,  I wanted to let you know the new app is best compatible with Windows devices running OS10. I suggest you upda

1 hour ago, idoc said:

Thanks for clarifying that the suggested workaround resolved the issue! 😊 On a side note, I think it would best if you could update your Windows OS to 10. I read on the “Operating system requirements for Evernote” article on the Help & Learning Center that the new app best works with Windows 10 (64-bit). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2022 at 12:08 AM, _annapatata said:

Hi Elke, 

Please check if you’re running v10.31.6 on the desktop app. If this will not fix the issue and everything is fine on web, try removing the Evernote data by signing out. This is usually a basic troubleshooting advised by Support. 👍

Thanks so much for your reply. 

I have the latest mac update and I am running the latest Evernote version. And yes, I've worked for several years in tech support too and I know to log in and out of apps, to restart the computer, to clear cache, and what not other tricks. 

Everthing's fine with my Evernote on the web client but thing is, I don't like to use it. For more than 10 years I am using the app. Everything's also fine on the iPhone just not the app. Thanks again for your help! And here's the info:

10.32.4-mac-mas-public (458984)
Editor: v143.0.17719
Service: v1.49.2
© 2019 - 2022 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

• Level 5

It is not only a simple logout that usually does the job:

1. Go to the Evernote menu, Preferences, and uncheck „Keep data when leaving“
  2. Log out of EN (File menu), quit EN (cmd-q). When asked confirm "Remove Data from This Device".
  3. If you want to be very sure, restart the Mac
  4. Open EN, log back in, wait for it to run an initial sync. 

Plus give it an update: Already on 10.33, as it sounds 10.34 around the corner.
On 3/24/2022 at 8:05 AM, ElkeNYC said:

Thanks so much for your reply. 

I have the latest mac update and I am running the latest Evernote version. And yes, I've worked for several years in tech support too and I know to log in and out of apps, to restart the computer, to clear cache, and what not other tricks. 

Everthing's fine with my Evernote on the web client but thing is, I don't like to use it. For more than 10 years I am using the app. Everything's also fine on the iPhone just not the app. Thanks again for your help! And here's the info:

10.32.4-mac-mas-public (458984)
Editor: v143.0.17719
Service: v1.49.2
© 2019 - 2022 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

Hello, Elke! 

You’re most welcome! I hope I was able to help, even with the simple advice. Although I wanted to let you know that the latest version of the desktop app is version 10.33.5. If it’s not yet available in-app via the Help tab > Check for updates,  try installing it manually from the website.

On 3/24/2022 at 2:33 PM, PinkElephant said:

It is not only a simple logout that usually does the job:

1. Go to the Evernote menu, Preferences, and uncheck „Keep data when leaving“
  2. Log out of EN (File menu), quit EN (cmd-q). When asked confirm "Remove Data from This Device".
  3. If you want to be very sure, restart the Mac
  4. Open EN, log back in, wait for it to run an initial sync. 

Plus give it an update: Already on 10.33, as it sounds 10.34 around the corner.

Yep, that’s my recommendation. Sign out and remove Evernote data. Hoping for more improvements on the coming updates