Submit button not working when trying to submit a request to Support

Both my iOS and the Evernote app are updated.  I am using an iPhone 13 Pro.

In the app, I go to Settings and select Support, then Help and Learning.  I then select an article and click on "Contact Support" at the very end of the article.  I select topics from the drop-down menus and click the green "Submit ticket" button at the bottom.  I fill out the form and attempt to click the green "Submit" button.  Nothing.  Even tried going through an unrelated article and selecting different drop-down menu options, but it produced the same result: inability to click the "Submit" button.  Kinda essential for contacting support, don't you think?

• Level 5

Probably yes, it seems that sending a ticket is a necessary step.

However, the iOS app works differently. You find support in the settings of the app. Try sending it from there. Does not work either ? Then take the iOS device to mobile data (switch the WiFi off). Make sure mobile data is allowed for EN. Try again.

If it works in the last way, something on your network is blocking support access, maybe a firewall setting, or something like a Pi-Hole running in the network, screening all traffic. If it works with iOS, with WiFi as well, just not with the Mac, then probably local settings prevent it. In this case try another bowser, because it may be an extension blocking access.

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

However, the iOS app works differently. You find support in the settings of the app. Try sending it from there. Does not work either ?

As I previously stated, I went through Settings in the app and selected Support, then Help and Learning, etc.

Then take the iOS device to mobile data (switch the WiFi off). Make sure mobile data is allowed for EN. Try again.

Same result.  Green "Submit" button looks like it's active and click-able, but it does nothing.

In this case try another bowser, because it may be an extension blocking access.

I'm not sure what you mean by trying another browser - the point of my post was to draw attention to an issue within the iOS app.  If I can contact support through a browser, that's fine, but the bug in the app still remains.  I'm new to this site, so maybe I'm not catching on, but I thought this was the "Possible Bugs/Technical Issues" area of the site and that I have chosen the "Evernote for iOS Issues (Versions 10.0 and above)" topic.  Thought this was the area specified for reporting possible bugs with the Evernote iOS app.

• Level 5

What does confuse me is your description to go through a help document to get at the link at the end of it, click it and then try to issue a ticket.

This is not how the support option works for me in the mobile app. But maybe you are not on a subscription, so the may have hidden the menu option.

If it is locked in the iOS app, try a browser on desktop. Use this link - for Free users only Billing and Account ticket types may work.

IMG_4149.thumb.jpeg.459ddbe3cc140c4c13fbf0939efa4551.jpeg

IMG_4150.thumb.jpeg.39175f97d69d5c0bc197cf424c02778b.jpeg

IMG_4152.thumb.jpeg.161efc4344de58561e02b28924d6421e.jpeg

You must have a paid account, because Evernote only wants to provide support to paying users.  ...even though here I am, a free user, trying to support Evernote by drawing attention to a possible bug...

Again, I appreciate the suggestion to use a web browser, but that is completely NOT the point of my posting here - it's to draw attention to a possible bug within the iOS app.  Of all the app issues I've encountered, this is the only one that I can document and consistently reproduce.

Here are my screenshots, starting with the Settings menu within the app:

image.png.ee32d3bdfd7740700d181778fb212275.png

image.png.2902baa7b1386bda0de3b07971d4141e.png

(I select Help and Learning because it's the only one of the four options that would potentially allow me to contact Support.)

image.png.d2e62adecf72928d5485e82b93e7ef31.png

I scroll down...

image.png.f3025f42f9706483ed5e4b731ad3a592.png

image.png.14378df05a9c1f76cda04684c6c71e2a.png

Again, I scroll down...

image.png.d24ad615c840d4d015386476727f784b.png

image.png.1f692b4540842ea792b135ba84b2e191.png

image.png.ce1be5743213ab68c4a52b5a27440004.png

Scroll down again...

image.png.fbcdbc59c2c091797a74203d80ecfc99.png

Scroll down some more...

image.png.4e532f89d81c2a9683311ed8d4598444.png

Fill out the form...

image.thumb.png.761caa581dd5ae533f1fbd1415d57577.png

Scroll down...

image.png.abe05e4598f2ce55e624ac3b5b8d9e6c.png

It really looks like you can click/press it, doesn't it?  Nope!

12 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Support works for me on both, but on Free only if I choose Account or Billing.

So, to be clear: in your free account, you can submit a ticket?

If you select "Billing and Payments" just like I did in the screenshots provided (although it really doesn't matter, as long as you select a combination that gives you a "Submit ticket" button), then you click "Submit ticket" and fill out the form (just like I did), Evernote allows you click on the final "Submit" button?

Are you using Evernote 10.26 and iOS 15.2.1? (I hadn't yet upgraded to 15.3.1 when I first encountered the error.)

• Level 5

2 minutes from Logging into my Free account to Billing ticket ready to go. The details I have explained in the parallel thread, including screenshots.

I think the main problem with your approach was you did try to start from a device / browser that was not logged in, and you had no free device any more. Then it will start to loop, because somehow EN does not manage to simply tell you "No way, use a synced device".

I did use a synced device, and from there it was click, click, some more clicks, write, and hit "Submit". But you have the screenshots in the other thread.

58 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

I think the main problem with your approach was you did try to start from a device / browser that was not logged in, and you had no free device any more. Then it will start to loop, because somehow EN does not manage to simply tell you "No way, use a synced device".

I was logged into my account in the app when I took the path I showed in the screenshots.  When I sign out of my account in the app, I don't have access to anything in the app at all, much less the Settings menu where I started from (first screenshot).  All of the screenshots I posted were from within the app - it didn't switch me over to Safari (or any other browser) at any point.

I did use a synced device, and from there it was click, click, some more clicks, write, and hit "Submit". But you have the screenshots in the other thread.

Again, just to be 100% clear - it's not just that you can get to the last step where you could click the final "Submit" button; you were actually able to click the "Submit" button?  ...not just have the ticket "ready to go," as you put it?  If that's the case, then this is extra, extra-weird.

• Level 5

Personally I have submitted more than 300 support tickets while being with EN. Not all on bugs, some are feature requests. Most from my paid account, but some from my Free account. I never had an issue that I was able to compose a ticket, and then not being able to submit it. And I do not think it is necessary to do so just to prove it is working again. I think your ticket somehow collided with the device limit, logging you out when it was checked.

Just my 5ct ...

2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

I never had an issue that I was able to compose a ticket, and then not being able to submit it. And I do not think it is necessary to do so just to prove it is working again.

Then you're completely misunderstanding the issue I encountered.  If you read my original post and/or look at the screenshots I provided, everything goes fine, up until the final "Submit" button.  It even looks like it's active and you can click on it, but you can't - nothing happens.  So, because the very issue is that the composed ticket cannot be submitted by clicking on the final "Submit" button, then it is ABSOLUTELY necessary to click that final "Submit" button in order to determine whether it's working properly or not.  Everything else is fine up until that point, just like I showed in all those screenshots I painstakingly provided.  Determining that everything which was working fine, is still working fine, does absolutely nothing but waste everyone's time.  What needs to be tested is the thing that wasn't working fine.

That's great (?) that you've submitted a ***** ton of support tickets in the past, even through your free account, but that doesn't mean it's working right now, at this moment.  ...and you won't know if it is until you actually try clicking the final "Submit" button.  I am under the impression that none of the people who post here actually work for Evernote, so I completely understand if you're unwilling to submit a "false" ticket, but at what point have I provided enough documentation that this is taken seriously as a bug and reported to Evernote?  Having a free account, I can't report a technical issue myself - I am only directed here, to this site.  I'm just trying to let someone know about the problem so that it can be fixed for future users.  Otherwise, why on earth am I going to all this trouble?

2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

I think your ticket somehow collided with the device limit, logging you out when it was checked

I literally only own two Evernote-compatible devices:  my iPhone and my laptop (PC).  According to Evernote's policy, my free account allows me to be logged in on two devices.  I have been using only the app on my iPhone, and on my laptop, I have only gone to evernote.com (via Chrome).  So, unless this is yet another technical problem with Evernote, then the device limit isn't causing the issue here.

And I don't know about you, but as I stated before, if I'm not logged in to the iPhone app, I literally don't have access to anything.  I literally can't see anything in the app at all, unless I'm logged in.  So, all the screenshots I previously provided are from while I was logged in to the app.  Let's say that Evernote is glitching and has decided that I am somehow magically signed in on three devices - if it had logged me out of the app, there's no way I would have seen the screens I show in my screenshots.

Since my word isn't enough, here's some documentation:

# of devices:

image.thumb.png.0ff09b9e61e326e3e6e7c23236d563a4.png

What happens when I sign out of the iPhone app:

image.thumb.png.7ee893d2a84823c4bfd4588735db7640.png

image.thumb.png.212af0903783bdf296c7b42f3f871900.png

While I'm signed out/logged out, every time I go to open the app, that's what I see.  Can't get to anything within the app, much less the Settings menu nor the Help section, nor ANYthing I show in the screenshots I provided, detailing my steps.  My reproducible steps, I might add...  So, your assertion that I must've been logged out is not correct.  As I stated before.

• Level 5

Well, with the amount of weird things in semipublic places like this one, they do well to run some filtering. Maybe the filters have their „happy fridays“ as well.

BTW the forum is running on a commercial site, AFAIK it is not hosted by EN on EN servers.