Have to login every time to scannable?

I am having the exact same problem - incredibly frustrating!  (iOS) app now makes me go through the whole tutorial, sign-in and authenticate every time.  I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app, but it keeps forcing me to go through all of these steps to scan a simple document 😞

• Level 5*

Hi all - anyone tried 1) using the native Evernote camera app or 2) raising this with Support?  AFAIK Scannable hasn't been updated in ages,  and given Evernote's total focus on v10 features these days I'd doubt it will in future.  If Scannable or the Evernote Camera feature are no longer viable,  there are other apps online that have some nice document scanning options,  notably (pun intended) from Adobe and MS Office.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Last Scannable update was a year ago, and they updated roughly once a year since they bought and superficially integrated the app.

But updating just means keeping it afloat - in general it is falling behind other scanning apps that are adding features.

In fact I just keep it installed to be able to answer an occasional forum post …

My suggestions are the EN app scanner as well, or Microsoft Lens for a free alternative. For a paid scanner I use ScannerPro from readdle.

• Level 5

EN scanner is part of the app.

Microsoft Lens produces a file (picture or pdf) that needs to be filed and then shared.

The best solution has ScannerPro. It offers a workflow feature: You define a workflow for a class of scans (Receipts, Living, News, Documents, Cooking, Books, ….). The workflow has a notebook and tags preselected.

You scan, select a workflow and the document is send as a new note into EN. The access happens through the API, and needs the EN login once a year.

My 10 workflows cover 80% of my scans. It saves a lot of additional work.

• Like 1