Skitch 2.9 (265157) Export not working Big Sur 11.6

When I capture an image in Skitch, I can choose export the image, create a sub-folder and save the image, however Skitch doesn't create the folder and the image doesn't export.

It used to work so is a new issue.

If I export the image only, to (say) my Downloads folder, no image is created and no error message is given. I have tried both PNG and JPG.

I have confirmed System Preferences / Security & Privacy and Skitch has permission for Screen Recording tick box checked.

Makes no difference if I make a modification and the Export option is not greyed out for me. The dialog window opens, I select the folder and modify the filename (if needed), I can select the file type and press Save, yet no file is created. 😞

• Level 5

No idea. Could be an issue with permissions in the Mac settings. Problem is, I have looked them up on my Mac: There are no special permissions for Skitch, yet it saved as I expect it to save.

Maybe uninstalling and reinstalling Skitch may help. If you installed from the AppStore, you could try a direct install as an alternative. An installer file for Skitch 2.9 can be found here for example:

https://mac.filehorse.com/download-skitch/old-versions/

Edit: To be more precise, it needs no permission for disk access. Thanks@Dave Green  for pointing this up.

• Level 5

It needs screen recording, but not for saving / exporting files.

Skitch has its own selection tool, that grabs part or all of the screen. This is where screen recording is needed. But the thread is about saving - and this permission should be in Disk access. However, I have no Skitch entry there, but the app is saving just fine on my MacBook.