Evernote on Windows 11 Personal Version

I've been running Evernote for a couple of months on Windows 11 with a new computer. All has been fine. Today Igo to login and I'm now getting this Java error message - the file its trying to find is available I can see it in explorer. 

I've deleted Evernote and downloaded and reinstalled  -still getting thesame issue 

2021-12-28 01_03_45-.png

• Evernote Expert

I don't know why this might have happened but the standard resolution is to uninstall being sure that all the program data and program files are removed. In Windows check that for %AppData%\Evernote and %LocalAppData\Programs\Evernote

As an alternative, use a program such as Revo Uninstaller which should deal with everything. Once completed, reboot the PC, then reinstall. 

If that doesn't work then open a support ticket. I'm the meantime you should be able to access your account via the web browser interface.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, agsteele said:

I don't know why this might have happened but the standard resolution is to uninstall being sure that all the program data and program files are removed. In Windows check that for %AppData%\Evernote and %LocalAppData\Programs\Evernote

As an alternative, use a program such as Revo Uninstaller which should deal with everything. Once completed, reboot the PC, then reinstall. 

If that doesn't work then open a support ticket. I'm the meantime you should be able to access your account via the web browser interface.

Thanks for the attempt - yup double checked I'd deleted all the files  and still got the same issue - I've raised a help ticket and they've asked for the logs. 

Yes I'm not panicking all the content is on the web but   I need it offline sometimes on the  laptop too. 

On 12/29/2021 at 1:23 PM, Brajohnr said:

Same problem for me. Just re-subscribed and am unable to run Evernote Desktop

image.png.60a208b1cab3ba6dc2fbfa558bf73e81.png

Raise a support request. My support request has now gone to "technical" haven't had a reply/resolution yet 

• Evernote Expert

This may be a function of the new OS rather than Evernote. You could try running Evernote in a Win10 emulation window (if that exists in Win11).

Sadly support responses into the New Year will be delayed. If you haven't heard by 4 January then chase it up.

19 hours ago, agsteele said:

This may be a function of the new OS rather than Evernote. You could try running Evernote in a Win10 emulation window (if that exists in Win11).

Sadly support responses into the New Year will be delayed. If you haven't heard by 4 January then chase it up.

Its not  super urgent for me - they did suggest downloading the legacy version of Evernote - but I can make do with the web app for the moment.  I  actually like that its almost identical to the Windows version.  Long term though I need to be able to go off line