Cannot log in - only 2 devices linked but app says there are more!

Aware that would be an option...but it would be a sad, sad day if I need to pay to have a problem fixed that is likely with THEIR product.  If an "operator error", then I understand.  But I did exactly what I was supposed to do.  Not a great recovery plan.  If they can't fix it, then it's probably best that I not continue to use their product.  Missed opportunity to convert me to a paying subscriber...but why pay if this is the level of service to expect.

• Level 5

My sympathy from user to user for your situation.

There are 2 ways out of it: Wait 30 days until your free plan unlocks, or subscribe for the minimum plan and duration.

Next time unsync first. 

And please: Don’t tell you would have subscribed, if … You just got yourself one of the most expensive phones on the market. You had and have the money to subscribe - you did not out of your free will and decision. Nothing wrong with it, you just need to accept the consequences as well.

• 2 weeks later...
f5d63bec7c5f710686ebcc0f52061079?size=40

Bill Hewins

Dec 22, 2021, 15:24 EST

I need help! I have only 2 devices on Evernote, but it has shut me out of one, my Laptop PC, saying I have more than 2 devices. Now I can't access Evernote on my Laptop. How do I get this fixed. Cannot, Cannot reach anyone at Evernote! Can anyone help?

• Level 5

Free always had the device limit, but you could unsync without a limitation.

Now add several Free users who worked around the device restriction by permanently swapping devices. They violated the device limit - bending the rules to their advantage.

OK, so EN decided to get serious about it - and installed the unsync limit. This was about one year ago.

Since then it happens to users that they find themselves locked out temporarily. You must not be happy about it - but this was changed for a reason.

EN still allows an indefinite use of the Free plan. They just make sure that it happens within of the limits. You can always subscribe, solve the problems and fall back to Free again.