Dragging a tag onto multiple notes at once

Is it possible to do this in the new version? In the legacy version, I used this function constantly - highlight a batch of notes and then drag a tag from the sidebar onto them, instantly tagging all of them with that tag. It's the single most important feature for my workflow - I scan papers in batches of like 100-200 at a time and then I need to efficiently tag and file them.

When I try this in the new app, even if I have multiple notes selected it only applies the tag to the note I drag and drop directly on top of. I did find in the new app how to select multiple notes then click the tag icon in the blue "# notes selected" toolbar at the bottom of the interface, which then goes into the separate tag popup where I can search around with a few clicks and keystrokes to find the desired tag and apply it to multiple notes. This takes many times longer than the old way. Is there an easier way? Is this a known regression? Are there plans to bring this function back?

Thanks!

• Level 5

It was announced once they are working on it, but (as usual) without a target date.

Currently you select notes, and apply a tag to them all by the function in the small menu that appears when 2 or more notes are selected. I don’t think it is that more laborious to apply the tag by searching and applying it using this existing functionality.

Which means as well that probably this is not very high up on the backlog  - it will have a low priority, compared with critical bugs.

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

It was announced once they are working on it, but (as usual) without a target date.

Currently you select notes, and apply a tag to them all by the function in the small menu that appears when 2 or more notes are selected. I don’t think it is that more laborious to apply the tag by searching and applying it using this existing functionality.

Which means as well that probably this is not very high up on the backlog  - it will have a low priority, compared with critical bugs.

Unfortunately, the few extra clicks overhead is negligible compared to the extremely slow database update with the new tags. I hope EN puts priority on that first before working on cosmetics!

• Level 5

Hope so too - after starting a socks business, I really don't need the new greenish-neon Evernote Eau de Toilette, with a distinct elephant smell. Imagine you put it all over, go to a zoo, and an elephant lady shows up looking for a date ...  🐘 💗 🧴 

🤣

• Haha 2