Conflicting notes

MarcR57

Idea

I keep getting conflicting notes across devices. For example, I edit a note in the Evernote windows app. I wait a minute to make sure it syncs to the web. Then I open the Evernote app on my iPhone and I see 2 different conflicting notes. Help. How do I prevent this?

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Does it show a conflict even when you go back to Windows, or open the web client instead ?

And do you quit the app on Windows, or only close it (by clicking the X ) ? EN will only terminate completely if you quit it.

Note conflicts usually happen on the upsyncing side, not in the downsync.

I try to use the mobile app for viewing only. Most of the time I try to add or edit info on the phone, I will get a conflict due to the painfully slow syncing on both ends. Either my last edit on desktop hasn't synced across, or the phone edit won't get back to the desktop for hours, if not days. Interestingly, about 20% of the time, the sync is instant. I assume it is a timing issue, but having the ability on both ends to force a sync would solve it.

• Level 5

Usually the syncing problem in my observations happens on the downsyncing leg. It syncs well from the editing client to the server, and is visible when the web client is used. But then it used to take a while until it showed up on the other clients that need to receive the change.

Although I have to state it did not happen to me for quite a while. Sometimes it took a few minutes until all new notes showed on mobile -  but only when plenty new notes had been added on another client, and it is a continuous flow of notes appearing, being fully loaded and then replaced by the next.

It is possible to forcibly sync the desktop and mobile clients - however I have not yet discovered a method to force the server to downsync with the clients.