SCANNABLE NOT WORKING ON iPHONE

I have multiple pages of scanned text in a Camera Roll folder named "Scannable". Now, for some reason, Scannable now longer saves to that folder. In fact, it won't save at all - anywhere, not even to Evernote.

I have updated to the latest iteration of Evernote on my Mac, reinstalled the app on my iPhone, and reset my iPhone. Nada - nothing.

Clicking on either (Save to) Camera Roll or Evernote after confirming the scan does nothing. Also, sending the scan via email does nothing.

???????????

Randy

• Level 5*
22 hours ago, roadquill said:

Scannable now longer saves to that folder

Hi.  Is your concern to save the existing contents of the folder,  or to go back to using Scannable as before?  If you're wanting to scan to Evernote then the app camera function should do the job while you contact Support (which is not us) to report the issue.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

For saving to the Camera Roll it needs to be authorized in iOS settings, app scannable, camera roll, all photos.

For saving into EN it needs to be authorized to access your EN account. There are reports in the forum that it frequently looses the authorization, even without any plausible reason. Maybe it is a bug, I have seen nothing about the root cause yet. 

As  @gazumped posted, the scanner build into the app is a good alternative to Scannable. Since one of the last app releases you can even decide to save to EN and the Camera Roll in parallel.

It appears Scannable (on my iPhone at least) is completely hooped. After reinstalling the app and the Camera Roll being re-authorized, I get the response 'Saving' (to Camera Roll) and the 'Saving' spins like a gyroscope for (last attempt) SEVEN MINUTES (?!) I then log out and attempt it again, this time to 'Save' to Evernote and the app crashes.

I have now scrapped the Scannable app and use the Apple built-in 'Notes' app for scanning and assigning (thanks for that). It appears this is the work around solution and I'm happy with that. Cheers!

• Level 5

Personally I have Scannable only installed for one reason: To be able to reproduce and answer forum posts like this one …

In reality I use ScannerPro by readdle (not free). Reasons: Creates pdf files from the Scans, with some good editing features; does its own OCR and creates a text layer in the scanned PDFs; has a very nice workflow feature to send the scans into EN, complete with notebook selection and standard tagging.

For free scanners I would recommend Microsoft Lens, especially when whiteboards, flipcharts or similar are involved.

And the scanner build right into the EN app works pretty good !

• Like 1