Unable to Open Note in New Window

I used to be able to just double-click on a not to open it in a new window. Now it is not working for me. Even going into a note clicking the 3 dots and selecting "Open in new window" does not work. Definitely definitely a new bug. Please confirm and fix. Thanks

3 hours ago, Richard_D said:

I used to be able to just double-click on a not to open it in a new window. Now it is not working for me. Even going into a note clicking the 3 dots and selecting "Open in new window" does not work. Definitely definitely a new bug. Please confirm and fix. Thanks

This happened to me but simply closing the app and restarting solved it. Works perfectly for me now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

When I click "open in a new window" the new window does not appear. Clicking alt-tab or Windows-tab, I see that Windows thinks the Window is open; but it is invisible to me: it does not appear on my screen. So I'm wondering whether anyone else has solved this problem. I see no way to contact help at Evernote.\

• 3 months later...

Aug 8th 2022, OS: Win 10 home edition. I'm currently having this issue. Tried what Mike P recommended and still won't allow me to open a note in a new window. I don't feel I should have to uninstall and reinstall the application, but if someone from the evernote team / dev team recommends that workflow, I'll do it. 

Update: I feel dumb. The window was opening on a separate monitor off screen. I was using the keyboard shortcut Win key + arrows to try and get the selected window over to a different monitor work space but that wasn't fixing it. I was able to drag the window to enlarge it. Then made the window full screen. Once I did that I closed the window, so the default location for the action "Open in new window" would open all other notes in that full screen size. Hopefully that makes sense. 

Edited by OldMonkeyMountainMan
Update for resolved solution
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 year later...