Add 'Copy Internal Link' feature to Notebooks

sgkrewe

Idea

Sometimes I want to add an internal link to a note that would take you back to a selected Notebook, not just another note (I already use note-to-note internal links often).

Should be a simple matter to give Notebooks an internal link property so that we can then reference it in notes 'Add Link' feature.

Thanks for your attention. Keep up the good work.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'm still using EN Windows Legacy but I can right-click a notebook name and 'add to shortcuts' without any problem...  Don't quite see why I'd need to add that link to an individual note,  but you could create a table of contents note for all the contents of one notebook and link to that 'index' note internally,  or just link to an anchor note in the notebook and jump to the notebook from there...

Thanks, short-cuts was proposed before when I brought this up for pre-10 versions. Not interested in that (if you start having more short-cuts than notebooks, then what is the point). Table of contents note is kind of my work-around now which I don't care for. As a developer, I know it would be super simple to implement this as it is already implemented for notes, just not notebooks. I guess they still would need to hear more interest or need.

2 hours ago, sgkrewe said:

Thanks, short-cuts was proposed before when I brought this up for pre-10 versions. Not interested in that (if you start having more short-cuts than notebooks, then what is the point). Table of contents note is kind of my work-around now which I don't care for. As a developer, I know it would be super simple to implement this as it is already implemented for notes, just not notebooks. I guess they still would need to hear more interest or need.

There used to be a work around using the EN scripting language but that is no longer a part of V10. I agree that it would be useful to be able to link to notebooks and saved searches from within a note. If I am building a "dashboard" note that pulls together critical information for a particular topic I want the ability to some critical searches as well as notes. Sometimes I put the search in a code box as the search syntax which I can then cut and paste into the search bar - I know it is an ugly work around but it does work. While the shortcuts are useful too many make them unwieldy.