Evernote freezes upon opening on all iOS devices (stuck on the elephant logo)

Has anybody else experienced this today?

I opened Evernote on my iPad, and it froze on the opening screen (the black screen with the green elephant logo).  And it stays stuck there.

I tried installing the new iOS update, with no luck.  Also tried a restart of the iPad.

It also freezes in exactly the same way when I try to open Evernote on my other two iOS devices (an iPad and an iPhone).

I wondered if maybe I had a problem on my device, but since it’s exhibiting the same behavior on all of my iOS devices, I’m wondering…

• Level 5

No, not today, but the days before. I had a wait of maybe a minute or a little longer after installing iOS 10.20.

Usually they display a message like "Wait until we finish organizing your database". This time, it just stayed on the start screen.

Happened once one every iOS device after updating the client. Has not returned since. I book it on the update.

This happened before I update iOS.  But it may very well just have been me being impatient.  I’ve just never seen it take THAT long before.  And you’re right, a message that it was updating or something would have been helpful…

• Like 1