Where did the "uncheck all Todos" feature go?

I have a number of checklists that I reuse frequently. In the old Evernote, I could right-click in the node and uncheck all todos, but that feature seems to have disappeared in EN 10. Now, I have to manually uncheck all individual check boxes, which is really annoying. Or am I overlooking something? <insert usual rant about why on earth EN would drop features etc.>

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Level 5

<insert the usual text why what EN does must remain an enigma, hidden in the darks of time> If we are talking about the checklist option, there is a workaround: Select the checklist, and tap on the checklist format symbol. Once removes the checklist, the second tap restores it, empty.

If it is a list you use frequently, you can save the note with the empty list as well as a personal template, or simply as a note. In case of a note, select it when you need a copy, duplicate it and work on the duplicate.

You can put such template notes into an own notebook, mark them as a shortcut or tag them with a mytemplates-tag.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Rense said:

I have a number of checklists that I reuse frequently. In the old Evernote, I could right-click in the node and uncheck all todos, but that feature seems to have disappeared in EN 10. Now, I have to manually uncheck all individual check boxes, which is really annoying. Or am I overlooking something? <insert usual rant about why on earth EN would drop features etc.>

I completely agree. The stock answer of "create a template and create a new list each time" doesn't work for me. I don't need to keep the completed checklist and I update it on the fly. Remembering to update the template is a pain and an obvious point where I will forget and the system fails.

Now the good news! If you have a simple list (ie no indented items or gaps between items) you can do the following. Select the list, uncheck the checklist icon in the toolbar and then recheck it. If your list is more complicated you could try to laying it out in a table so that you have blocks of checked items and just repeat the process for each block.

The cynical view is that as creating templates is a paid fo rfeature it is not really in EN's interest to make it easy to reuse checklists.

1 hour ago, Rense said:

Now, I have to manually uncheck all individual check boxes, which is really annoying. Or am I overlooking something?

I mentioned putting more complex checklists into tables. The hack works really well. I've merged the cells in the first and last row. I used ctrl-shift-C to toggle the checklist.

checklists_tables.gif.bab6334d08592f8085b1d8e30aad0cbb.gif

• Thanks 1
  • 3 months later...

This workaround is still much worse than it used to be. I use checklist often, with multiple checklists with subtitles in between them in one note. Previously, new clean checklist was two clicks away, Now I have to mark every check list and click three times to reset each checklist separately. Really stupid.

• Level 5

If the checklist is reused, create a template, or a master note. Each time you need it, create a new note or a duplicate of the master, and start ticking it off.

You can send feedback to EN PM through the function build into the clients.

On 1/13/2022 at 10:18 PM, Bogda said:

This workaround is still much worse than it used to be. I use checklist often, with multiple checklists with subtitles in between them in one note. Previously, new clean checklist was two clicks away, Now I have to mark every check list and click three times to reset each checklist separately. Really stupid.

I'll start by pointing out that I do not understand why this functionaility is not in V10. While templates are useful in some circumstances, I frequently modify checklists as I'm using them and often the completed checklist does not need to be kept.  e.g. adding something new to a packing list. I wouldn't always remember to update the template when my focus is on going away.

The good news is that there is a tables solution here that allows you to reset a checklist with subheadings in three clicks.

1. Create a one column table with a row for each title/subtitle and a row for each checklist. 
  2. Type each checklist in to a different cell with each title/subtitles also in its own cell

When you want to clear all the checklists:

1. click 1 - select the entire table by clicking the top left corner
  2. click 2 - press the checklist button (or ctrl + shift +C). This toggles the checklists. The checklists are removed from the checklist cells and a checklist is added to the titles
  3. click 3 - press the checklist button again (or ctrl + shift +C). This toggles the checklist back to how they were but the checklists are now uncompleted.

It's a shame that this same principle of toggling between checklist and not a checklist doesn't work if the list and titles are not in a table.

checkbox4.gif.16e2d711e6c9c1e364ce5a4b7f32eb3e.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 1/15/2022 at 10:08 PM, Mike P said:

I'll start by pointing out that I do not understand why this functionaility is not in V10. While templates are useful in some circumstances, I frequently modify checklists as I'm using them and often the completed checklist does not need to be kept.  e.g. adding something new to a packing list. I wouldn't always remember to update the template when my focus is on going away.

The good news is that there is a tables solution here that allows you to reset a checklist with subheadings in three clicks.

1. Create a one column table with a row for each title/subtitle and a row for each checklist. 
  2. Type each checklist in to a different cell with each title/subtitles also in its own cell

When you want to clear all the checklists:

1. click 1 - select the entire table by clicking the top left corner
  2. click 2 - press the checklist button (or ctrl + shift +C). This toggles the checklists. The checklists are removed from the checklist cells and a checklist is added to the titles
  3. click 3 - press the checklist button again (or ctrl + shift +C). This toggles the checklist back to how they were but the checklists are now uncompleted.

It's a shame that this same principle of toggling between checklist and not a checklist doesn't work if the list and titles are not in a table.

checkbox4.gif.16e2d711e6c9c1e364ce5a4b7f32eb3e.gif

Works for me in the browser, but on the Android app it just adds checkboxes to the non-checkboxed cells 😕