Spinning wheel without reason

Hi

I often have notes which I cannot edit because the green button shows regularly a spinning wheel for about 20-30 seconds until the normal edit button appears.

This is really strange because it is not clear to me why it haopens:

The note is definitely not long (about 100  words), the note is in a downloaded offline notebook and it has not been previously changed on Iphone or on any other device.

I wonder what may be the reason for it. The problem regarding support is that I do not find a reproducable pattern for this issue, it appears to occur randomly, but quite often.

When in need to capture something quickly it is annoying to wait 30 seconds before having the edit button clickable. Interestingly I can read the whole note during the spinning wheel issue. 

I contacted already support on this. They are aware of the issue but no resolution date (rather general answer).

Do you have any idea what might be the reason for this strange behaviour or any hint in a pattern?

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely, yes. I usually wait 30 seconds without relaunch.

I have an assumption: Maybe it is related to the way I use Evernote:

I have in every of my notes a header of internal links to other notes, also some sort of manual backlinking. 

The consequence of this is that I never change the main notes. Whenever The contents becomes too large I cut part of the note contents and create a new note and paste the contents there. The new note is linked to the original note, now in a hierarchical relation to each other, connected with internal links.

This increases the note history considerably, since the original note has been changed over a longer time period multiple times.

Now my observation is that the spinning wheel occurs more often on those "older" notes, even though they do not contain a large number of words.

Whenever I create a brand new (shorter) note the spinning wheel issue tends to not occur, though I did not do a very extensive, sophisticated comparison.

So my question: do you maybe observe this issue more on new notes or on older notes wirh a long previous note history?

• 1 month later...

Update: Today I reopened a ticket on this issue and got this answer from support:

Upon checking, this is a known issue and we are still currently working on a fix.

Although I can't give you a specific time frame of when this issue will be fixed, please do know that our technical team is now hard at work on addressing this issue.

So, I am confident to see  solution to this issue, hopefully this year, lets see.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

I am happy to conclude that the spinning wheel issue does not appear anymore with the new IOS version (10.24).

Therefore, the most problematic issue with EN for me has been resolved. It seems that indees there is sone progress regarding performance issues in EN. Well done!

• Thanks 1