Note count is different on two computers

The pictures I uploaded show the issue,bbbbbbbbbbbbbb.thumb.jpg.347319d6f818eb9fa3eae27d15e70015.jpgaaaaaaaaaaaa.thumb.jpg.434e95c4c0d6c9b4f38a5b476d09008b.jpg

The 1st picture shows the contents of the note "Tuscany-Val d'Orica" on both computers, on computer A it shows 9 notes, on computer B the same notebook shows 11 notes. I circled the two notes that show up on Computer B but not in Computer A.

The 2nd picture shows that in my Italy folder I have 1124 notes on computer A and the same folder on computer B shows 1131 notes

No amount of syncing seems to change anything.

• Level 5

And what does the web client show ?

The web client shows the server master copy for all clients. This is what you will get when you do this procedure on all computers:

1. Go to File > Sign Out [name] from the menu bar.
  2. Select the "Remove my Evernote data from this device" option, then click Sign out.
  3. Restart your computer.
  4. Sign back in to Evernote

It will remove the existing and maybe corrupted local database from the computer and restore it from the server.

If one of the notes you found does not show on the web client, it will probably get lost when performing the fix. In this case grab the content of these notes first and move it into a safe place before logging out.

P.S. If I ever plan for a nice holiday in bela Italia, I will come back to you !

6 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

And what does the web client show ?

Logging into evernote.com I see the notes missing from computer A show up on the web client.

6 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

The web client shows the server master copy for all clients. This is what you will get when you do this procedure on all computers:

1. Go to File > Sign Out [name] from the menu bar.
  2. Select the "Remove my Evernote data from this device" option, then click Sign out.
  3. Restart your computer.
  4. Sign back in to Evernote

It will remove the existing and maybe corrupted local database from the computer and restore it from the server.

If one of the notes you found does not show on the web client, it will probably get lost when performing the fix. In this case grab the content of these notes first and move it into a safe place before logging out.

P.S. If I ever plan for a nice holiday in bela Italia, I will come back to you !

I hate to remove the database from computer A and reinstall it due to being nervous that I might lose something, however if this is the only way, it is the only way. However, I was hoping there was another way less drastic than a delete of the data base. 

I remember vaguely something about a 'force' sync or something like that used in the past to make evernote do a 'complete' sync I think it was called.

• Level 5

Forced sync was available on legacy, which had a real local database that was always used, even when online.

V10 has no true local database any longer, it is only for offline use.

You can’t really destroy anything by rebuilding it from scratch. This was practically the same what happened when doing a forced sync with legacy.

• Level 5

EN creates internal copies of all user data, and spreads it over different data centers. The use server space in Google facilities. So even if "the big stone" falls from the sky and makes a hole where one of the servers stood, the data will still be replicated elsewhere.

You can export a notebook to create a backup. By exporting all notebooks, you can have a full copy. Since v10 does not support scripting, it is a job for a rainy afternoon - and likely only done when taking the data to move to another service.

And there is a service called backuppery.com who does online backups for different cloud services. Hot stuff ! After I learned that the backup (and only the backup) of my EN account would cost double the price of my personal subscription, my enthusiasm cooled.

Currently I run legacy, and with it a nice copy of my data to my Mac. I have TimeMachine backing up my Mac, and this includes the local legacy copy. This and the server safety measures for me is sufficient security. Others do more, it is a personal decision.

Edit: Backuppery only works with legacy.

• Like 1