Clipper does not let you create tags..?

For a long time, I just assumed this would get fixed, but it hasn't...

The Web Clipper tool in all the browsers seems to have no way of associating a new clip with a new (set of) tag(s).  Am I missing a trick in the interface?  I can search for a tag among my already existing tags to associate with the clip, but I don't see something to allow me to create a new tag on the new.clip.

A little help...?

18 minutes ago, DSM said:

For a long time, I just assumed this would get fixed, but it hasn't...

The Web Clipper tool in all the browsers seems to have no way of associating a new clip with a new (set of) tag(s).  Am I missing a trick in the interface?  I can search for a tag among my already existing tags to associate with the clip, but I don't see something to allow me to create a new tag on the new.clip.

A little help...?

Just type in the name of the new tag, ignore the suggestions and hit enter. Obviously you can't put the tags into a hierarchy.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, DSM said:

Really!!  They should've made that more obvious!

Thanks!

It is actually how tags can be created from the tags field at the bottom of a note in V10. As people get used to that perhaps the clipper behaviour will seem more obvious.

What about when trying to add tags to a clip in iOS (Safari)?  If you type in a new tag and ignore the suggestions, there is no way to click "OK" and add it to the list of tags you want to add to the clip.  Hitting return does nothing.

• Level 5

It is no „web clipper“ as on desktop, it is just using the iOS sharing function. So it is rather limited in its capabilities.

With iOS 15 browser extensions are announced for iOS as well. Maybe we will then be able to install the „real“ WebClipper with all bells and whistles on iOS devices as well.