Move note to notebook can't happen

• Evernote v10.18.3
  • MacOS 11.5.1
  • MacBook Pro 2020 - M1

When I attempt to move a note using the move command, I'm told no notebooks match my search

Notification_Center.thumb.jpg.185ed788a0d56cf433a1e3455ec971a3.jpg

...at least skitch still works.

I have signed out of Evernote and rebooted my mac. Neither helped. Most days I'm impressed with how well Evernote is evolving. Today a little less so 🙂

work around - Drag and drop - since I try to avoid mouse usage this is less than ideal.

Cheers

Mark

I just tried to update and it says 10.18.3 is up to date. Perhaps being Canadian means we're kept a week behind?

As to the 

Then log out, and quit (cmd-q) the app.

Restart the Mac, open EN, log back in. Try again.

That is in fact what I reported doing in my first email: I have signed out of Evernote and rebooted my mac.

I've got another reboot coming for MacOS 11.5.2 in a few minutes so I will sign out of Evernote again. Ugh.

• Level 5

If you go to the EN website, since Monday you get 10.19.2 - wherever you are on the plant (and even on moon).

In general I advise against using the AppStore version. Of the direct install, the build in update checker can show a laggy behavior - I think EN allows the clients to download only in waves , because otherwise there may be server problems. But if you go to Evernote.com, you always get the latest release.

I have just check my Mac Evernote is 10.19.2 and uncheck "keep data on leaving" then logout, quit evernote then reboot Mac and login again. But I still get the no match list result. Any other steps that I failed to take?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5

You could try this. It will remove the old data from your Mac, allowing EN to build it from scratch: 

1. Go to the Evernote menu, Preferences, and uncheck „Keep data when leaving“
  2. Lag out of EN (File menu), quit EN (cmd-q)
  3. If you want to be very sure, restart the Mac
  4. Open EN, log back in, wait for it to run an initial sync. 
  • Thanks 1