What is the expected behavior for images, including image text search, under 10.x?

Since I upgraded to 10.x I've been confused by the expected behavior for images in notes including searching for text within images. First, when I place an image in a note they aren't always visible nor can I make all of them visible. It is hit and miss. Some can and some can't. Here's an example of one image I added that can only be viewed as an attachment.

Search_results_-_Evernote.jpg.d8a55f28cf5f98fd9c4db94a1af77c8b.jpg

So my first question is why can this image only be viewed as an attachment while other images may be viewed inline? What is the limitation? In this case the image is a 35MB jpg. I've seen this limitation with PDFs as well. Some can only be attachments. 

My second question is, attachment or not, should I still be able to search for text within the image? As it seems to me now, I can't search for text within an attachment. Searching for text that I know is in the image produces no results.

This behavior seems contrary to my pre-10.x experience so I'm being thrown on what to expect.

I'm currently using:

Mac OS 11.4

10.18.3-mac-ddl-public (2820)
Editor: v128.0.16354
Service: v1.37.11

Thanks!

16 hours ago, tsnouffer said:

What is the limitation? In this case the image is a 35MB jpg. I've seen this limitation with PDFs as well. Some can only be attachments. 

For pdf's i'm pretty sure it is a size limit. In my experience larger pdfs can only be viewed as attachments.