Source url not appearing in export

Hi all,

I have wasted an enormous amount of time trying to export a few notes. I wanted them as simple pdfs, but the source url is not included in those. I settled for html as including the source url is an "export note attribute option". I still don't see it anywhere.

At this point I feel it would be simpler to copy out my notes using paper and pencil -- drawing in the images as I go.

If anyone can offer a bit of help it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

4 hours ago, HilariusBookbinder said:

I wanted them as simple pdfs, but the source url is not included in those.

Treatment of source urls is problematic when merging notes as well. In some types of webclip the source url is copied into the body of the note. However in other types it is not and the source url is the only reference. My work around is to copy the source url into the main body of the note. I'm prepared to do this short term but I believe the source url is an important part of the note's data and I'm frustrated that EN seem so relaxed about deleting it or at least not giving us the option to retain it.

• Like 1

As I said, the original goal was to have a note exported to a pdf. I don't think that what I plan to do with that pdf is relevant.

Unfortunately, I've been going through more old notes and finding the clip failed and just produced gibberish. I repeat: what a mess.

Thanks @Mike P for the copy and paste tip! (Hard to believe this is the only solution for a paid service, though. Not impressed with EN.)

• Like 1
  • Level 5

The question may seem irrelevant to you - it is about whether the URL should only show (as a plain text) in the pdf, or whether it should be clickable (being an embedded link).

A plain text URL can be produced by printing, to make it clickable an export function needs to be somewhat smarter.

But if it is irrelevant, we can probably close this thread.

@PinkElephant Are you an employee of Evernote and official moderator? Regardless, that was aggressive and uncalled for.

I came here looking for an answer to yet another problem with Evernote. It appears that there is only an impractical and time consuming workaround. I just don't have time to brainstorm theoretical solutions that may or may not ever see the light of day. I needed a workable solution now.

In fact, that's it, I've had it. I've wasted enough of my time -- I 'm cancelling my Evernote subscription.

• Level 5

You declared my question irrelevant, without a word why you think so. I explained the why. Too much to think about it for 5 seconds ?

And no, I am just another user, free to say what I think. I basically don't care if you are happy with an answer, or a solution offered to you. Others are ...

Stomping ones feet and saying "I want it all, and I want it now" usually happens at the check-out counter in the supermarket, in front of all the candy bars lined up there. The strategy can be used in other places as well, but the likelihood of getting what you want is pretty small. 

Hope you have a better solution for your use cases than EN - farewell.