After finding something in the note, cursor doesn't stay there as it used to in Legacy

This is a pet peeve for me now.  When I find something in the note, back in legacy I could press esc and close away the find box, and the cursor would stay at the same place where it found my search result in the note.  This was extremely helpful.  But now in the new version, as soon as I close the find box after finding something in the note, Evernote simply takes me to the top of the note, losing the place where I found my search result.  Ugh.  Is there a hack or am I doing something wrong to get the legacy functionality?

• Level 5

Are you talking about the search for a note, or the search inside of a note ?

These are 2 different functions.

Search inside of a note shows you all hits, makes a count and lets you jump from one to the next. 

The function is in the notes menu, "Search and Replace".

8 hours ago, kkrathi said:

Is there a hack or am I doing something wrong to get the legacy functionality?

Rightly or wrongly Evernote highlights the words that match in yellow and then as you cycle through them it highlights the current match in blue. The cursor never moves - it stays wherever it was before you opened the find box. The work around is simply to click on wherever you want the cursor to be (e.g. the search match in blue) before you close the find box.

I am talking about search inside a note.  My point is that once the search finds something, it highlights it, but it does not place the cursor at the highlight, like legacy used to do.  The workaround is to use your mouse to click on that highlight first, before hitting escape.  I don't like that workaround because now I have to use the mouse, which I didn't have to in legacy.

8 hours ago, kkrathi said:

I don't like that workaround because now I have to use the mouse, which I didn't have to in legacy.

I hoped there might be some hack to avoid using the mouse but if there is I haven't found it yet.