I installed 10.18.3. I wasn't prompted to do anything else. I was automatically upgraded from Premium to Personal. After dragging available widgets to the open spaces in Home, I am told to upgrade to save changes. I shouldn't need to upgrade from Personal: Calendar and Tasks should be supported.

Yes, I see the Home window, with that left panel and the widgets I set up before. Clicking on Customize brings up the right panel with available widgets and, on the main pane, a space to "Drag widgets here". After I drop Calendar and Tasks in those spaces, I can't use them.

I came to Community Forums after being unable to get an answer from Support. I was repeatedly directed to articles explaining how it should work. I tried renaming and rephrasing the question numerous times, without success. That's why, after then coming here, and  being tired of typing the question over and over,  my initial query was so terse. I didn't know if anyone would read it, so I appreciate actually getting replies. Do you know how I can contact someone in Support for a real exchange of information?

• Level 5

Support has a second level, a tech team. My impression is that they added a lot of new people on the first level. 

The newer ones seem to be running down a checklist. I once had that impression that the guy didn’t even understand my question. I then politely pointed this out and asked if he could not ask a colleague. He passed me on.

Problem with the 2nd level: Seems to be short of capacity, reaction time is longer.

About the problem: Did you yet log out of the app, and back in ?

I haven't received any reply. There's just an endless loop of links to other pages. I've logged out;  I've closed the app; I've logged in to the web version; I've returned after shutting down the computer. No difference.

But!! --- the widgets are now installing! I didn't do anything different from before. I'm now able to create a new task. However, when I allow Google to access my EN account, there's an error loading the page, and I'm to contact Evernote Support. This brings me back to where I started. Do you know how I can get a personal response from anyone at any level of Support?

• Level 5

When you issue a ticket, you get an automatic response first, any time.

Then the ticket rests until someone picks it up. This usually is office hours Texas or California. This is the first real answer you get, from a support clerk, 1st level.

As an alternative you could try the support chat function, US office hours only.

I don't know how a ticket is generated. The link you provided is not an email address. Clicking on it just takes me to menus of help pages, the same as before. Your suggestion that I contact Support is most reasonable. I wish Evernote would make clear to users who are not familiar with navigating the site how to reach their tech support teams. I appreciate your taking the time to help this inexperienced user. Do you know of anyone else who could help me with this problem?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, frankp1 said:

The link you provided is not an email address.

No,  but if you go through the various topic choices,  you should get to a page at the bottom of which is this:

1505867617_supportticket.png.9d155784b3015926cd8a4fb01fb57a9c.png

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

There is no direct mail to support. It says „Send us an email“, but behind it is a web form to fill.

You use it to open a ticket, you get a quick return mail by a bot, and a second from a support clerk a while later. Then you have a person you can answer to.

The first mail has a ticket number in its title, which is used as identifier by the support system. This number of an active ticket is needed to bypass the watchdogs at support server. 

Keep the ticket number in the title (by using the „answer“ option) while the case is active.

• Thanks 1

Thank you, gazumped and PE.  After being pointed in the right direction, I succeeded in submitting a ticket and being assigned a number, and am awaiting a response. I can only ascribe my oversight of that option to a lack of sleep after hours of struggling with navigation through all the information. I've been trying to learn about using a computer for a little while now, but still have a lot of trouble following directions. I am grateful for your patience with me.

• Like 3