Offline mode : how to see what's happening ?

Hello,

I'm usually using offline mode for all notebooks on my Evernote iOS. When looking at the settings I have seen that most of the notebooks are not fully downloaded.

I have decided to remove everything by saying "don't download" then erase all data.  And I have tried to enable only selected notebooks and I have chosen only one small notebook with 16 notes.

30 minutes later in Wifi and with the application running in foreground, I still have the check box in green but the progress bar at zero.

Isn't there an issue with the slowness of offline notebooks ? is there a way to see what's happening and see a log of an eventual issue in the network or somewhere ? can't you add a better verbose progress bar ?

When people want to have something offline that's for a real reason : they may be going somewhere with no network for a small time, or absolutely want to be sure to have the document in their phone. This feature should be fixed or at least tell the user it doesn't work :)

• Level 5

In former posts I have described a working download process. The problem is that iOS allows background activity only while an app is active.

Maybe search for it, and yes it takes hours or even several steps over some days (depending on the database size) to download all. Once done, updating offline data happens while using the app.

Hint: From then on, never log out of the app. If you do, you need to download again.

12 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

In former posts I have described a working download process. The problem is that iOS allows background activity only while an app is active.

Maybe search for it, and yes it takes hours or even several steps over some days (depending on the database size) to download all. Once done, updating offline data happens while using the app.

Hint: From then on, never log out of the app. If you do, you need to download again.

Yes I have read your process but I wanted to note (and maybe make developers read) that even a notebook with 16 small notes doesn't seem to download with app in foreground and waiting nearly one hour. It really doesn't seem to work.   Even if there are workaround to make it work, it should not be difficult to make a progress bar that works and downloading that works fine too  

• Like 1