Hello,

it's not really an issue but I wanted to know how the notes are handled with the new v10 version : are they always online only or are they all offline ? how can we choose between both (just like on iOS) ?

I still have Evernote Legacy and Evernote v10 while I don't fully trust the new version. I know that all notes are offline on my computer with Evernote Legacy. But are they all downloaded on my computer again with Evernote v10 or only for the one I mostly use ?  it's not clear

Is there a configuration or explanation somewhere about that ?

Thanks

• Level 5

Go to the EN Menu, settings. You see „Keep all data on leaving …“. This toggles it for offline use, for all notes. It is not selective like with iOS, and it will take a while until fully synced.

v10 creates a separate database from legacy. The difference is: As long as you are online, it will use the server data. The local copy is just in case you are offline. Legacy always used the local data, and synced this with the server.

Thanks for your answer, it's clear about the server/local usage thanks

I'm using french on Evernote, is it this settings ? (second in the menu)image.thumb.png.81b7280972db726736b4805f8631fdf8.png

If it is this one, I have always add it checked but my Application Support / Evernote folder is only 2GB while I have more than 25GB data.

That seems to mean it doesn't download everything offline ..

I've just tried to stop network and as expected almost all my notes are saying "incomplete download" ..  

Again an issue with offline data .. I will try to make a ticket if I still can...

• Level 5

It is the second option.

Depending on when it was checked, it may take a while to download. I could never make out what triggers it, another v10 enigma. It is much clearer on iOS, where the setting is per notebook, and the download status is visualized.

47 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

It is the second option.

Depending on when it was checked, it may take a while to download. I could never make out what triggers it, another v10 enigma. It is much clearer on iOS, where the setting is per notebook, and the download status is visualized.

Enigma is a good word :)   But if I can find how to make a ticket i think I will do it because I've been trying to use v10 for weeks and only a very small amount of notes is offline, that should not be possible even with slow download rate.