How to clear local corrupted notes on Windows version 10.17.8?

Justinzhu266

Idea

Hi, I cleared all of my notes now on web page, on iPhone, and on a desktop pc all shows 0, and no any other notes shared to me. 

But only on a Windows 10 version 10.17.8, it shows 169 total notes, and when I click it, on the right side shows 3 notes without any contents because they are deleted already. Also on trash bin shows 33 notes but actually the bin has been cleard and I can prove it on web page and iPhone and a desktop pc.

On this laptop, if I install a legacy version evernote it shows correctly. I have tried uninstall the new version, restart, delete \app\local\evernote data, reinstall, no luck.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated. Thanks.

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Tried this already ?

Go to the apps settings, deselect „Keep data on leaving …“

Log out of your account, quit the app (not only close it by the „X“).

Restart the app, log in.

Done ? Then you can reactivate the initial setting.

5 小時前, PinkElephant說:

Tried this already ?

Go to the apps settings, deselect „Keep data on leaving …“

Log out of your account, quit the app (not only close it by the „X“).

Restart the app, log in.

Done ? Then you can reactivate the initial setting.

Thanks PinkElephant, I have tried your suggestion with no luck.

I suspect the evernote file corrupted in this laptop. Besides this note count issue, it doesn't show note count figure next to every notebook, only shows a total note count number of my whole notes and which is incorrect. Additionally, when I right click any notebook choose Export Notebook, it gave me an error red message: Failed to delete tag. 

I have been struggled with this for two day. Any further suggestion would be appericated.

• Level 5

If the server copy is clean (visible on the web client), I would then completely uninstall EN from the PC.

To do this, the probably best way is to use an uninstaller app, like Revo Uninstaller.

Make sure it uninstalls every trace of EN. After that, restart the PC, download the EN installer from the EN website, install it, log in.

Then give it a while (open) to download the first part of your data from the server. The difference should be gone after that procedure. 

在 2021/7/26 在 AM8點03分, PinkElephant說:

If the server copy is clean (visible on the web client), I would then completely uninstall EN from the PC.

To do this, the probably best way is to use an uninstaller app, like Revo Uninstaller.

Make sure it uninstalls every trace of EN. After that, restart the PC, download the EN installer from the EN website, install it, log in.

Then give it a while (open) to download the first part of your data from the server. The difference should be gone after that procedure. 

Hi PinkElephant, I think your suggestion is very close to the truth. I installed the Revo Uninstaller but it cannot find EN! However, in Control Panel - Programs and Features there is EN. Do you know how to fix this situation now? Thanks in advance.