Ipad problem with Inserting Images

For background I am using Evernote for iPad v 14.6 and just updated the Evernote App.  When I go to insert a picture on a note I need it in a specific location.  So I make some notes, then set the cursor to the location I want.  Then I click on the lower left Insert button and select Camera.  I take the picture and select save.  

Then evernote places the picture at the top of the note.  Any suggestions on correcting this? 

Thanks,

Scott

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, Scott Kent said:

For background I am using Evernote for iPad v 14.6 and just updated the Evernote App.  When I go to insert a picture on a note I need it in a specific location.  So I make some notes, then set the cursor to the location I want.  Then I click on the lower left Insert button and select Camera.  I take the picture and select save.  

Then evernote places the picture at the top of the note.  Any suggestions on correcting this? 

Hi.  Evernote doesn't have document layout options.  You have two choices - 

Use a table - as in the good old days of basic websites;  a two or three column table with give you options to left/ right justify an image and add text alongside and around it.

Use MSWord - or any other word processor with layout possibilities.  Create your artistic layout in the app and attach the output file to your note.  Print the content to a PDF file and add that too if you need to see the content inline./

• Level 5

I could not reproduce this.

To check it, I opened a note, placed the cursor in a position way down, tapped on the blue +, selected camera and took a picture. In the camera view, I tapped on „Save“.

Briefly the white&blue import circle appeared, and the picture was inserted exactly where the cursor had been before.

I'll record the screen and post here....and to respond to gazumped - it never did this in the past.  I have a process using evernote which relies on this....started with this quirk about a month ago....stand by for screen shoot....

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, Scott Kent said:

Here is a dropbox link to the video showing the issue.  Please someone help! Thanks! 

Unless I got confused here,  you had one picture with the cursor blinking below it. A note said "the second picture should go here".  You took another picture.  And the second picture did, indeed, go where your cursor was flashing.  Did I miss the point somewhere??

• Level 5

Tried to reproduce it. Didn’t work, the picture was below the text added before.

The only observation is that after the picture is inserted, the cursor is placed below the first picture, above of the text. I would expect it below the second picture.

• Level 5

I have watched it, I don’t doubt what it does in your case.

In my attempt to reproduce it, the picture went to the right place, and the cursor was placed above it (instead of below).

No idea what makes it behave in one case other than the other.

• Level 5

This will probably lead nowhere - technical support is for subscribers only, and support normally does not accept technical questions from non-subscribers in a commercial ticket like account or billing.

A possible workaround for an exact placement may be to insert a table into the note, and insert the pictures inside of the table cells.

If this is no solution, and I read "we depend on this" "need help" etc., then buy a month of subscription. It will not kill you, and you have official access to support. Just a word of caution: I doubt that support will have an of-the-shelf solution for this problem, and they might only put the issue on the backlog, unknown release date, and that might be it.

As posted above, I don't have the problem, but I usually don't care either whether there is an empty line more or less between my pictures. The problem of this thread IMHO is special, and I doubt there will be an easy solution to it, leading to a bulletproof placement of pictures.

If I need something precise, I use a word processor, or even a page layout program.

• Like 1