Editing geographic information of note

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

Geographic search is available in Professional version plan.

However, the location coordinate is created on mobile device and is not shown in the note information filed.

Sometimes I want to assign a specific coordinate for note, the auto-generated coordinate is not always accurate and not the place I want.

• Level 5*
On 7/23/2021 at 9:57 AM, archyguo said:

Sometimes I want to assign a specific coordinate for note

Hi.  How do you define your co-ordinates?  There seem to be several system in play - there's traditional Lat/Long,  Google Maps has 'plus codes',  and What3Words uses... well,  three random words... to define a location:  as in ///shower.wash.soon for the White House Rose Lawn.  While Evernote's new geolocation feature (I believe) allows you to find notes taken in the vicinity of a specific Lat/Long location,  I'd imagine you could assign your own locations as keywords, using any one of the standard terms plus a tagging or keyword system for the area you might be interested in.  <Washington>,  plus links to any pictures taken in the area forinstance.

It would be possible to scale that up for different countries,  or get more granularity by defining individual buildings.

• Level 5
  • Solution

The coordinates stored by EN and used for the search are the classical longitude/ latitude coordinates. You can (in the geosearch available in the Professional plan) define a radius around a location to search for matching notes..

Editing the location is possible in the mobile app by moving the needle around - the mobile apps are the only ones that attach a geolocation to the notes, even if the desktops could do the same (at least my Mac knows where he is).

My conclusion: The geolocation is a system controlled metadata. If you want to use and manipulate it, you do so at your own peril. System defined metadata modified by a user can spawn all sorts of unexpected side effects - maybe years later when a new release suddenly makes use of a field that was never used by the app before.

• Like 1