add text formatting to tasks

VilleDude

Idea

I like the new task feature, but it seems to allow only plain text formatting. It would be very helpful to be able to use the same text formatting choices as other Evernote note text (highlighting, font color and size, etc.).  The little flag to denote importance of a task is a good idea, but visually it's tiny and under the text (instead of on the same line, to right or left).  Prior to the task feature, when I used check boxes for tasks, I regularly used the yellow highlighter and red text to see quickly the priority items in a list.

• Like 2

7 replies to this idea

I haven't found any updates on the topic of being able to format tasks (as far as I can tell it's still not possible to format within tasks), and I would like to bring it back to the surface. 

I agree with @VilleDude's original post -- the flag is a good idea, but it's tiny, and it would be extremely useful to be able to use at least basic formatting tools (such as bold, text color, or highlighting) as visual cues in writing tasks. I often use checklists instead of tasks simply so that I can use formatting, but then of course I loose the functionality of using tasks.

I realize there is likely a coding reason that adding formatting is challenging, but if it's possible to add any kind of formatting, it would be well used and greatly appreciated. 

2 hours ago, RMRoss said:

I agree with @VilleDude's original post -- the flag is a good idea, but it's tiny, and it would be extremely useful to be able to use at least basic formatting tools (such as bold, text color, or highlighting) as visual cues in writing tasks.

If all you want is visual clues, emojis work really well. And you can search for them in the task search bar

image.png.3dcd4f94fb42a5503a7d58beadf3ab5a.png

• Like 2