Bring Back the old "New Note" button

phyter

Idea

I really liked it when, to create a new note, all I had to do was click the + New Note button. Now when I click it I have to choose whether I want a new note or a new task. That's an extra step that I don't need. 

I know that, on my desktop app, I can simply type Command-N and I'll get a new note. However, that's not the case on my iPad. I like to click...once. 

Is there a way that I can change this in my preferences? 

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5

It is your own decision which plan you choose.

On some plans the possibilities are more limited than on others …

Personally I have used the customized button to get a quick selection of several note types. In most cases I don’t need to go to the „+“ menu any longer to get the type of note I want.

Furthermore I have created different new note options on my iPhone and my iPad - I usually do my scanning with the better camera on the phone, so scanning and camera rank higher on the phones selection than on the tablet. On the iPad Sketch and Template is bumped up. New note is always my topmost option, task the bottom one.

Really a nice customizing option ! Waiting to get it on desktop as well.

2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

It is your own decision which plan you choose.

On some plans the possibilities are more limited than on others …

Personally I have used the customized button to get a quick selection of several note types. In most cases I don’t need to go to the „+“ menu any longer to get the type of note I want.

Furthermore I have created different new note options on my iPhone and my iPad - I usually do my scanning with the better camera on the phone, so scanning and camera rank higher on the phones selection than on the tablet. On the iPad Sketch and Template is bumped up. New note is always my topmost option, task the bottom one.

Really a nice customizing option ! Waiting to get it on desktop as well.

Could you explain further? Just opened the new version and under the green "plus" button the only options given me are camera and tasks. I've hunted the site intensively to change this or figure it out and the only way I can add a note is to put it on the scratch pad  then transfer it to a notebook. Cumbersome! I want to just add notes. I have a calendar for task reminders and a really nice camera on my phone and in my desk drawer! Help! PS I do have Premium.