Hi, I have new iPad, latest iOS version, latest Evernote version. I’ve deleted and reinstalled all my browsers. Hard restart of iPad. 
despite all this I get nothing but an error message when I try to clip anything, complete fail no matter what or where I try to clip anything on my iPad and iPhone. Is clipper no longer supported on iOS? Evernote becomes more useless every day, what efforts are being made to correct this? I think the chatter on this has diminished on this topic is because users have given up on Evernote. Questioning why I continue to pay for Premium.
Thoughts from other users, or from Evernote team?

thanks!

• Level 5

There is no web clipper on the iPad. Web Clipper is a browser extension, and the iOS web kit does not allow browser extensions to be installed.

The way to clip something on the iPad is to have the website open, and then click on the share button. Select EN from the share menu. 

You will be asked to enter title, notebook and tags. Confirm - the page is grabbed.

It will not enter into your EN account directly. You have to open EN on the same iOS device. This starts the import process into the database, and by syncing it to the server, it is added to all EN clients. It is advisable not to build a long queue of clipped content - better import directly after sharing.

There is a second option - in the shortcuts gallery there is a shortcut to copy a web site into EN.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

There is no web clipper for iOS. iOS browsers don’t allow the installation of extensions.

Clipping in iOS works through sharing. If it doesn’t want to grab a page, it is more an iOS issue than related to EN.

To give it a try you could share the URL of the page here.

I get the same issue when I try to share a PDF from Firefox (on iOS) with EN. From Safari to EN it works. 

Btw, EN themselves use the word “Clip” so I think it makes sense to use the same word when talking about it. 

964855AB-20D3-44F9-A635-E7EA1E2D3665.thumb.jpeg.9d468cbf26b5298ddc6eb53b9fada1c8.jpeg

• Like 1

Going in circles here, as I said earlier the steps you are describing are exactly what I’ve been doing. It used to work, but no longer does. Gives message that says ‘error CLIPPING” when I try.

• Level 5

On iOS all browsers use the Apple web kit engine. They of course may behave differently.  But this is the implementation side of the browser developer, not EN.

EN on iOS receives a „container“ with the shared stuff, and import it into the app. When you don’t open the app on the same device where you clipped, the content will not arrive.

This is different from WebClipper on desktop, where the import goes directly to the cloud copy, and from there to the clients.

Everything before this container import - it is what you notice in a black box when opening the app - is not EN development. It may be that a browser refuses to share something - then you need to talk to the guys developing this browser.

Why am I unsurprised by this reply..it’s always someone else’s fault. I’m not an IT professional, why don’t your engineers talk to their engineers, instead of making it the responsibility of your former customer.

• 1 month later...