Evernote duplicates notes when editing attachments

I noticed that sometimes Evernote will duplicate a note when you are dealing with attachments. 

I am going through a list of notes and editing layout and sometimes editing the Excel/word attachments inside these notes. 

frequently, Evernote will “erase” the changes and show you the old note back. So you go and continue the changes in the note. After a while you will notice that you have a duplicate. 

I think this is something related to the speed that Evernote takes to handle attachments (it takes a long time, up to 10 seconds). While it is working on updating the attachment, it sincs and returns the old note for you. By the time EN finishes working on the other process, the attachment, you get a duplicate note. 

• Level 5

The direct editing of attachments worked better in the legacy app. It runs primarily on the local database.

v10 syncs permanently. I am not sure - even if it technically works - if attachments should be directly edited in v10 anyhow.

Probably they should be exported, modified and be imported back after changes were  saved - which would be a PITA of a process.

Have you asked support about it yet ?

No. I was hoping for a quicker solution in the forum. 

they need to improve file handling. For me at least the ability to mix attachments with comments is the most important feature. 

files alone in the computer suck. Notes alone that reference files somewhere sick. Both together in the same place is magic. Now with tasks built into notes, it is just fantastic. 

• Level 5

The workaround is to use legacy for this type of action.

The problem IMHO is routed in the permanent syncing. It does not „notice“ the attachment is currently in use by another app, it just senses the changes. Woop, it syncs, and the conflict is there.

This is my explanation, try support to get an official view.