How to disable new Evernote version Popup messages

I cannot find any instructions for how to turn off the popup notes that appear in the Mac OS desktop v10 of Evernote whenever a new version is made available.  This popup is highly problematic, as it pushes to the front of my screen not only the popup note, but also any reduced (invisible) Evernote screen if the app is open. 

Much of my business day is spent displaying my screen in Zoom meetings, and I cannot tolerate having Evernote suddenly appear, sometimes displaying confidential information while I am screen sharing.  There must be a way of disabling this setting.

I have been a longtime, avid Evernote user, but I view this as a critical flaw that may force me to abandon the app.

• Level 5

No settings for this.

Workaround: Quit EN, or update. If you need information while zooming, use another device.

Since you are no subscriber, you can’t access support about this. What you can do is use the feedback option build into the clients. There will be no answer, but they promise to read it all.

• 7 months later...

Install the version "Evernote Legacy" - can work in parallel with V10.
There one can find the "Preferences" again as used to. And there it is possible to unflag "Bring the clip to the front".

My question: Why are these preferences function been removed in the new version?

Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 11.43.24.png

• Level 5

Because the new version is a new version, and not a mere „old version +“. V10 runs on a different code base, which allows modern software development methods. It is logical not everything is available from day one, and some features will never return.

Although legacy is part of the transition, there is no guarantee for how long it will be available. Better plan for the day it will stop working.