When I use shortcut right ALT+N (ń in Polish) I get new note instead of the letter I need. How to change general shortcuts ? I can't use this software if I have to switch it off every time I want to type something. Imagine, English keyboard users, a day without one of letters e.g. "N".

Thank you but I figured it out, that's why I asked abut general not global shortcuts. Is it really possible that Evernote installation took over shortcuts used in normal typing in many languages?

• Level 5

Sure it is possible - the amount of „comfortable“ shortcuts possible on a keyboard is limited. It is practically impossible to foresee which shortcuts may be in use in parts of the world, especially for locally used characters. So they made the general shortcuts customizable. Just help yourself …

15 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

So they made the general shortcuts customizable.

Only global shortcuts are customizable - ie the shortcuts that work even when you have EN open but are not actually working in EN. The keyboard shortcuts that only work in EN (listed as general, navigation etc in the list of shortcuts) are not customizable. alt-N is not customizable and the OP obviously needs to use that to insert a polish character into an EN note. This problem has been reported many times before although less frequently now that global keyboard shortcuts can be changed.

• Like 1

Thanks very much for explanation. I hoped there was a way to use Evernote in Poland but unfortunately its is not possible. BTW, there no need to foresee which shortcuts might be in use in various countries. EN team would just have to do what every other software developer does and adjust to the shortcut rules that exist since 1970s. 

• Like 1