Web Clipper Problem using right-click context menu

I have an odd problem using the Web Clipper in Chrome.

For some images, I want to right-click and choose "Clip image to Evernote" (I know there are other methods, like screenshots etc.) 

However, I see three different types of apparently random options when I right-click :

(1) No Evernote option at all on the right-click context menu

(2) Just a "Clip full page to Evernote" option

(3)  "Evernote Web Clipper" with 4 sub-options, including the one I want - "Clip image to Evernote"

Any of the above can appear - even on the same page/image . I can't see any pattern to this e.g. whether EN is running or not, legacy or V10 etc.

For testing purposes, I've tried this multiple times on the same image - but get any one of the 3 options above.

It's possibly a Windows/Chrome problem.

I haven't logged it as a bug yet - wondering if anyone else has experienced it or has any suggestions ?

35 minutes ago, FrankC said:

I haven't logged it as a bug yet - wondering if anyone else has experienced it or has any suggestions ?

The menu you see does seem to be very context and website specific. Generally I see the menu with either 3 or 4 sub options but it does always seem to include clip the image. I haven't tried lots of different websites though. I suspect that it's limitations imposed by the website rather than a problem with webclipper.

If you are able to select the image (ie highlight it) you could then use the webclipper and choose the "selection" option.

4 minutes ago, Mike P said:

The menu you see does seem to be very context and website specific.

Yes, but in this case it's on the same image on the same website - I can get any of the 3 options- I've tried it at different times for testing purposes.
Doesn't make sense to me !

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, FrankC said:

Yes, but in this case it's on the same image on the same website - I can get any of the 3 options- I've tried it at different times for testing purposes.
Doesn't make sense to me !

I agree. The complexity of modern websites sometimes makes it very difficult to work out what is going on. Even so you would expect a consistent result even if the image was being produced using some javascript wizardry rather than being a traditional fixed html image.