webm audio files generated by Mac Evernote not playable by iOS Evernote?

I recorded a couple of audio files this morning in the Mac version of new Evernote. But when I try to play them in the iOS version, nothing happens. The audio doesn't even start playing. Is the iOS app supposed to be able to play webm audio files?

• Level 5

An audio file created in one client of EN must play in any other EN client. If it doesn’t it is a bug.

Have tried the same setup and can confirm the player in the EN iOS app 10.8.2 does not play an audio file created and tested on the Mac.

I have issued a support ticket.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Level 5

As you can see from the table in the help text, the 2 clients for Mac and iOS use different audio formats.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208314418

You need to download the audio file, convert it and upload it again to switch it over to the correct format.

It is as it is, even if we don‘t understand „why“ …

• Level 5

DT is nice, but hardly comparable. It is self hosted (vs. cloud hosted), it is Apple ecosystem only and it draws heavily on MacOS resources to perform tasks that EN runs on the cloud server, for all platforms.

So it’s fine you found a solution for yourself, and that’s about it. DT has been discussed in several earlier threads, I don’t think we will discover anything untold about it here.