800px width on share notes

I spent a whole day on a very large document and only upon sharing the link did I see that the page width on the shared note is restricted to a mind-boggingly small 800px (so all my tables just truncated to the right so they weren't readable). Why on earth would such a restriction be put in place?

Since people were saying this was a problem back in 2017 and no one from Evernote responded I feel I'm just shouting into the dark (which is the feeling I get from this forum).

1 hour ago, Matt Whitby said:

Why on earth would such a restriction be put in place?

It's the default option but you can change it. Click the three dots menu in the top right hand corner of any note. Click note width and then fit to window. EN then seems to remember that setting for all notes. This works on both the desktop and web app.

image.png.4128126b342e775a87e3a35d3bd115fd.png

9 hours ago, Matt Whitby said:

Hi.

Yes, I'd already set it to that but sadly it still defaults to 800px and truncates all the tables.

That's odd. It gives me the whole width. What happens if you hit the "expand note" button - top left of the note window?

On 4/23/2021 at 6:49 AM, Mike P said:

That's odd. It gives me the whole width. What happens if you hit the "expand note" button - top left of the note window?

That's an option in the win client. This is an option with a shared note on the web.

8 hours ago, Matt Whitby said:

That's an option in the win client. This is an option with a shared note on the web.

Assuming you are using V10 on both both the web and the desktop clients have the optioin to expand a note.

• Ex Employees

I understand the issue is isolated to viewing the note using the public share link. You should see a scrollbar below the table to scroll and see the rest of it. If that's not the case please post the link here or send it to me in a DM if you do not wish to post it here. Thanks

• Like 1
On 4/26/2021 at 6:06 PM, Austin G said:

I understand the issue is isolated to viewing the note using the public share link. You should see a scrollbar below the table to scroll and see the rest of it. If that's not the case please post the link here or send it to me in a DM if you do not wish to post it here. Thanks

Hi. There is a scroll bar, but who wants to scroll backwards and forward when looking at a table? If they're comparing values across tables it's a nightmare.

Why restrict to 800px?

• Like 2