Choosing 2 devices option glitch

Prompted to choose 2 devices only, by sticking with free version, and advised I can only make this change something like 3 times a month, I make the choice, being told I know have 2 opportunities left. A few days later same routine (prompt), same choice, now being told I have 1 opportunity for change left. A few days later same prompt, same choice, now being told I used up last change option for the month. It’s nerve racking, annoying, frustrating, and seems like Evernote putting the squeeze on free users. It’s almost intimidating and sleazy. I’m very disappointed. Many users can’t afford anything extra in their lives right now since Covid. I saw another complaint about this but couldn’t find it after I logged on to comment. Thanks. 

• Level 5*
On 4/21/2021 at 6:53 AM, grssrts said:

It’s almost intimidating and sleazy.

Hi. Evernote imposes limits on free products since each account uses significant amounts of their bandwidth and free online storage. Why were you getting this reminder so often?  Were you using the same device each time? 

Understanding the device limit

• Level 5

From EN perspective it probably reads like „No pain, no gain“.

This may sound harsh especially taking circumstances, but they are not a charity, they need to turn a buck to stay alive.

So probably if you can’t afford a subscription at this moment, you have to think about why you need to switch between devices.

If you use one device for only one and always the same reason, maybe a second Basic account for only this content could help you out.