YouTube Links

1 hour ago, Matt Whitby said:

YouTube links preview in the Windows client, but not the web client.

That is not my expereince. In 10.10.5 web version on Chrome I see exactly the same as in the windows desktop version with teh same different preview options.

1 hour ago, Mike P said:

That is not my expereince. In 10.10.5 web version on Chrome I see exactly the same as in the windows desktop version with teh same different preview options.

Interesting, but not my experience. I just get links.  I am also using Chrome.

24 minutes ago, Matt Whitby said:

Interesting, but not my experience. I just get links.  I am also using Chrome.

Definitely version 10.10.5? (The version is not as obvious as it used to be. "Need a little help" from the bottom of the sidebar and then release notes).

If you hover over the link do you see a menu appear with the three dots which you can click and get the option to convert to preview.

image.png.51aa5fc12c1627cd11dcbf08ddb10ee6.png

30 minutes ago, Mike P said:

Definitely version 10.10.5? (The version is not as obvious as it used to be. "Need a little help" from the bottom of the sidebar and then release notes).

If you hover over the link do you see a menu appear with the three dots which you can click and get the option to convert to preview.

image.png.51aa5fc12c1627cd11dcbf08ddb10ee6.png

No, I just get Edit/Remove.

image.png.9356b43f15c4b3977f6e4b0174ad276e.png

2 minutes ago, Mike P said:

OK that is odd if you are also on 10.10.5

I confess I gave up on trying to find where they've hidden the version number. Twenty-five years as a software developer isn't enough experience to work through their labyrinthine structure. I hate the web version but have to use it because the developers aren't good enough to have the local database anywhere other than everyone's boot drive.

1 minute ago, Matt Whitby said:

I confess I gave up on trying to find where they've hidden the version number. Twenty-five years as a software developer isn't enough experience to work through their labyrinthine structure. I hate the web version but have to use it because the developers aren't good enough to have the local database anywhere other than everyone's boot drive.

I realise it is well hidden now, which is why I gave instructions on where to find it! I only know where it is because somebody asked on the forum recently and I eventually found it. The web is often ahead of the desktop so it's nice ot see a preview of what might be coming to the desktop which is my main version.

39 minutes ago, Mike P said:

(The version is not as obvious as it used to be. "Need a little help" from the bottom of the sidebar and then release notes).

1 minute ago, Mike P said:

I realise it is well hidden now, which is why I gave instructions on where to find it! I only know where it is because somebody asked on the forum recently and I eventually found it. The web is often ahead of the desktop so it's nice ot see a preview of what might be coming to the desktop which is my main version.

Yup, I did read that you'd written that before but that's not an option I have.

1 minute ago, Matt Whitby said:

Yup, I did read that you'd written that before but that's not an option I have.

That definitely means you have an older version. From memory you used to be able to access the version number from the drop down arrow next to your user name at the top left of the screen.

3 minutes ago, Mike P said:

That definitely means you have an older version. From memory you used to be able to access the version number from the drop down arrow next to your user name at the top left of the screen.

How odd the a website isn't the same for all. Unless of course you're confusing my original puzzle, which is why the website doesn't display thumbnails and the windows version does. (and not the reverse).

Just now, Matt Whitby said:

How odd the a website isn't the same for all.

I agree. The EN roll out process, even for the web, is very strange. Even if you can determine which version you are on I don't know of a way of forcing it to update. At least for the desktop you can manually download the up to date app. I guess you could log out of EN on Chrome, close Chrome and then log back in again. I'm not very confident that it would help but might be worth a try..

5 hours ago, Matt Whitby said:

How odd the a website isn't the same for all.

5 hours ago, Mike P said:

I agree. The EN roll out process, even for the web, is very strange. Even if you can determine which version you are on I don't know of a way of forcing it to update.

Evernote published a new article outlining in detail how Evernote updates its various platforms and who can access each version. A few relevant excerpts:

• The new Evernote Web (v10.0+) is available for Evernote customers that are not on an Evernote Business subscription, have 10,000 notes or less in their account, and are using Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Microsoft Edge (Chromium), or Opera as their web browser.
  • If your account has more than 10,000 notes or you are an Evernote Business customer, you can access Evernote for Web v5.33.
Evernote Web staged rollout process
  • We typically release over a 5-day rollout, getting to 50% of devices within 3 days, and increasing to 100% by day 5.
  • Once you are added to the eligible rollout percentage you can immediately access the newest version of Evernote for Web by refreshing your web browser.

• Like 1