Select Multiple Tags

RKoreto

Idea

In the old version of Windows desktop, I could select multiple tags and drag them using the Control button. Since I run a bi-weekly newsletter, every other week I'd drag all notes tagged with the current issue into a section marked "Already Published." I can't do that any more. I have to drag these one at a time. Am I missing something?

5 replies to this idea

48 minutes ago, RKoreto said:

In the old version of Windows desktop, I could select multiple tags and drag them using the Control button. Since I run a bi-weekly newsletter, every other week I'd drag all notes tagged with the current issue into a section marked "Already Published." I can't do that any more. I have to drag these one at a time. Am I missing something?

I don't fully understand what you are trying to do. I don't understand what a section is and I'm not sure whether you are trying to drag multiple notes or multiple tags (or both). Some of this is probably not relevant but in general:

• You can no longer manage multiple tags together e.g. deleting or moving within a tag hierarchy. This all has to be done one tag at a time.
  • You cannot assign multiple tags to multiple notes using drag and drop. However you can do this using the blue multi select menu that appears as soon as you have selected two or more tags. You will have to go through and select the tags you want to assign from the list.
  • You cannot move multiple notes into a notebook by drag and drop but again you can do it through the blue multi select menu.

In early versions of V10 tag handling was very very poor. It is improving slowly but there is still some way to go.

Thanks for your quick response, Mike P. Much appreciated.  Basically, I have a tag called "Current Issues" and under it in the hierarchy are a dozen or so tags referring to my current newsletters. I have another tag called "Past issues" and under it, in the hierarchy, are tags referring to past newsletters. I periodically want to grab all the tags under Current Issues and move them en masse to Past Issues. I can no longer do that. You pointed out that "you can no longer manage multiple tags together" and that's exactly what I want to do! 

Again, thanks for pointing this out.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

If you are missing a feature important to you from a prior version, it can be a solution to install the legacy client.

However with Basic, AFAIK each client is counted as one device, so with v10 and legacy on a desktop, you probably already use 2 devices.