Unable to user shortcut Ctrl + M to indent an image

56 minutes ago, Francesco Marzolo said:

Nor I am able to write a note in the same row of the image, if I click to the left or right of the image the cursor go to the line above or below the image.

At the moment you can only have one image per "line", left justified and no text. If you need a more sophisticated layout then you can either use something like word and then attach the file to a note or use tables to layout the page. There seems to have been a conscious effort to simplify the formatting options available along the lines of "it's a note taking app not a word processor". That will please some and disappoint others.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • 6 months later...
On 2/24/2021 at 7:00 PM, Francesco Marzolo said:

On 10.8.5 for Windows:

I'm unable to indent an image using Ctrl+M.

Nor I am able to write a note in the same row of the image, if I click to the left or right of the image the cursor go to the line above or below the image.

I don't remember but I think I've used this feature a lot in the past. I like to create code like indentation for most of my post but now with the new updates, It all seems to be getting messed up.

Evernote, Please bring these features back again.

• Like 1
On 2/24/2021 at 8:02 PM, Mike P said:

At the moment you can only have one image per "line", left justified and no text. If you need a more sophisticated layout then you can either use something like word and then attach the file to a note or use tables to layout the page. There seems to have been a conscious effort to simplify the formatting options available along the lines of "it's a note taking app not a word processor". That will please some and disappoint others.

It used to work well in the past and I didn't need to use addition word license for this stuff. I hope they get it back again. I agree it is a note taking app but people do like to keep photos and doodle around with some text. 

This is very handy when you have a zoom class and you need to screen shot and create notes. 

• Level 5

For those who like doodling with their pictures (love that expression !):

Place a table into the note.

1. Make a small left column, will be the indent
  2. Make a nice wide middle column, will hold the picture
  3. Sometimes you want to add text beside the picture instead of over or under it, use a 3rd column.
  4. Now move the picture into the middle column

This will not only create a nice, controllable indent, it will as well automatically size all picture to the same width.