Creating a note with univeral keyboard shortcut and the notebook in which it is saved

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

I love the ability to create a note with Ctrl + Alt + N regardless of what I am doing on my Windows computer. What I am fidning is that the note is filed in whatever Evernote notebook I was working in last, even if I haven't touched Evernote for hours. 

I would like for new notes created with than keyboard shortcut to be saved in the default notebook unless I specifically choose another notebook. 

Is there a setting I am missing that would allow me to a note created with this universal shortcut to go in my default notebook?  

10 hours ago, DrFrankBuck said:

Is there a setting I am missing that would allow me to a note created with this universal shortcut to go in my default notebook?  

@gazumped is right but there is no default way of making a new note appear in your default notebook. This is also true when you create  new note within the app. Personally I would like all new notes (using alt-ctrl-N or within the app)  to be created in my default notebook rather the the one I'm in at the time. Then in my weekly filing session I can tag and file without missing things.

• Like 1

Thanks. I had not used the universal command to create new notes, but see the value and plan to do more of that. YOu are right, the notebook the note is going to be saved in is visible, and I just need to look at it before closing the note.

• Like 1