all clips go to MISC

i don't know what this feature is called.. but i did use it very much.  now all clips are sent to MISC.   every browser so far i tested -- opera,  firefox, (both win 10 AND mac os catalina) safari,  everything goes to Misc. .. like the ai is completely broken.  since the previous to this update (this one didnt fix). 

??

• Level 5*

Hi.  I think we need a lot more information to understand your issue here - like your device / OS / what you're clipping / what used to happen to your clips.  And - there's no such thing as 'Misc' - do you mean the Default Notebook?

hi, as i said above. i have tested on both my mac os catalina AND my win 10 browsers.

all of them no longer use the AI that picks a proper notebook

case in point --- this is on my mac - opera.  it used to send this kind of clip to Tech notes.. now .. Misc (default) only.

smart filing IS on. but doesn't work since these last versions of evernote. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 3.38.39 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 3.39.45 PM.jpg

• Level 5*

OK - sorry I missed that bit;  have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the clipper?  I appreciate (now) that you've tried several browsers,  but if the problem is that a recent update broke the connection between clippers and the app,  reinstalling clipper might remake the deal.  Beyond that you should certainly report this to Support in case it's something they can fix.  If it's messing with your workflow,  you could consider installing the Legacy version,  which should take you back to the previous situation.

i thank you for your post.. i will try that

and to evernote :

i pay a pretty penny  annually for evernote not to have to do ***** like this. 

just to voice my dissatisfaction (not to you but to evennote :) )  at the updates that seem to be not even based on any user input just some developer whim. I know i didn't ask for home page, or to have to constantly to go to file quit to get notes to show... etc. and now to have to reinstall it across (for me ) 8 browsers

• Like 1

ok.. update ... i removed .. and reinstalled the clipper in opera in win 10.. as a test

i had just clipped a scarf and sent it to scarves notebook.. previously if i tried to clip similar .. it would say Hey that's scarves.

ok so reinstalled.. tried to clip .. nope MISC.

so reinstalling is fail. 

can evernote support respond please?

• Level 5*
46 minutes ago, ciara_belle said:

can evernote support respond please?

Sorry to hear you're still stuck.  Support will only react on an individual basis if you report it through their channels - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new

Just to be clear,  I was suggesting you try reinstalling the Legacy app which works alongside v10 - https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote

I don't know where the clipper stores it's 'smart' filing experience - it's obviously built up from the history of your specific assignments,  and I'd guess it's stored in a file somewhere in your original Evernote folder.  If that's been corrupted or deleted you won't be able to get back to the conveniences you had for some while. I don't even know at this stage whether Evernote 10 can store that kind of information - it may not yet be available,  but coming 'soon' (which a lot of things still seem to be).

Sadly and totally unhelpfully my undisturbed Windows 'old' version 6.25 and my existing Clipper 7.13 do still suggest tags and notebooks for me - and they're correct about 80% of the time.  Sorry I can't help you get back to that!

It has inexplicably started working as it used to.. even on the browser i didn't reinstall the clipper on. so it was clearly on evernote's end. 

re corrupted - it (i think) would have to be corrupted on 2 laptops and 3 devices. i doubt it was that since it fixed itself. (unless it syncs that too as hidden data).

• Like 1