I just switched from an Android to iPhone 12, and now when I try to capture pictures within my notes I’m unable to zoom in. I had the option to take an automatic or a zoomed manual pic within the Android version of this app. I don’t understand why this feature doesn’t work with the iPhone version. I regularly need to take pictures of slides from a distance to add to my notes, so please explain how to make this feature work on an iPhone. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5

Use an app that can use the zoom lens for the scanning.

Free Apps like Microsoft Lens or QuickScan do not support the Tele lens. The scanners of the cloud services I tried like Dropbox, OneDrive and even iCloud do not support lens picking neither. So EN is not alone in its disability to select the 2x lens for scanning.

Personally I use ScannerPro from readdle, that is a very good scanning app, supports the 2x lens on my iPhone 11 Pro Max,  but does not come for free.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
On 2/28/2021 at 12:28 PM, PinkElephant said:

Use an app that can use the zoom lens for the scanning.

Free Apps like Microsoft Lens or QuickScan do not support the Tele lens. The scanners of the cloud services I tried like Dropbox, OneDrive and even iCloud do not support lens picking neither. So EN is not alone in its disability to select the 2x lens for scanning.

Personally I use ScannerPro from readdle, that is a very good scanning app, supports the 2x lens on my iPhone 11 Pro Max,  but does not come for free.

You miss the point.  This worked before.  Now we have to take pictures using a different camera, and then manually import them??

I’m surprised (although maybe not given EN track record), that a year later this is still an issue. I now have a phone that does 3x optical zoom and yet I still can’t use it in one of my most expensive apps. It’s ridiculous and makes me wonder how EN views it’s customers…. Mugs?

• Level 5

Many scanner apps don't use the advanced camera functions.

A note app must not make use of every nitty bitty feature installed on a small number of phones. The 3x lens is only available on the Pro series of the latest iPhones, market share of all iPhones probably below 10%, of all smartphones probably in the 2% range. EN builds an app to run on all mobile platforms, as unified as possible. I don't expect any device specific features to show up at all.

If you want the Zoom function while scanning, use a specific scanner app that specializes in scanning, and only scanning. I have mentioned 2 above that support the tele lens on scanning.