Most webpages won’t have photos after clipping with iPad

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you were able to do this until recently using version 10,  I'd suggest reporting this matter to Support with some example URLs of pages that exhibit this behaviour when clipped.  You'll be aware that while some while pages show images when viewed,  they're actually held on another website and linked in to the page,  or otherwise secured against being copied;  and some web pages use image types that are not currently compatible with Evernote.  So it is possible that some web pages just can't be clipped,  although you will always be able to obtain a screen shot if necessary.

• Level 5

One must understand how modern web pages are created. They are often build from „frames“, each of which can contain a text, a picture, an advertisement etc. The content management system (like WordPress) makes sure it will display o.k. on all sort of devices. The content is called from a data base and filled into the frames.

Usually Text is loaded first, because it has little volume and can be send fast, Pictures will be last, because they are large and take time to load. In most cases the picture will be delivered resized, matching the screen size of the device used.

When you now clip content, it needs to be delivered again from the web server. If the pictures arrive too late, only the frame will be clipped, not the picture itself. Because of that, the iOS shortcut for clipping to EN has a build in delay of 5 sec before it really clips. Annoying, but it makes sure all content has loaded from the server before clipping.

• 1 month later...
On 2/1/2021 at 10:23 PM, PinkElephant said:

When you now clip content, it needs to be delivered again from the web server. If the pictures arrive too late, only the frame will be clipped, not the picture itself. Because of that, the iOS shortcut for clipping to EN has a build in delay of 5 sec before it really clips. Annoying, but it makes sure all content has loaded from the server before clipping.

Only, it doesn't.

Not just that, Very often it won't clip anything at all. I am still waiting for three different pages from major sites (one was The New Yorker, another maybe NYT) to appear in my  EN since 3 weeks ago, finally closing the message on top of the notes' list saying it is adding content.

Well, not really, because in the end I used the pc to clip it. Succesfully.