Quick note missing options to 'convert to note'? Can't customize shortcuts?

So is quick note basically just like sticky notes now?  Can't convert to note anymore?  Or is this just a bug?  Is there a keyboard shortcut to 'convert to note'?

Unfortunately, I upgraded to Big Sur.  Are my options simply cut off at the bottom of the widget?

image.thumb.png.7ebe0d0c228f20fdc27f394e437deadd.png

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem and it's definitely not specific to Big Sur because I'm still running Mojave 10.14.6 and Evernote desktop client version 10.7.6 also cuts off the bottom of the panel making it impossible to save quick notes from the menubar as the screen shot shows.

Evernote-Quick-Note-Bug.thumb.jpg.7d6e86104daf024b9438f1bfe23d2a30.jpg

@PinkElephant The only thing behind the 3 dots for me is Quit Evernote. (I'd love to see a screen shot because I've only ever seen Quit Evernote for the 3 dots on my end.)

However, before your reply, I looked at my MacBook Pro, which is running Big Sur (as is OP), and the Quick Note there is perfectly fine so decided to completely delete and reinstall EN, which cleared up that problem, so...faulty pref file? Who knows? That also kicked the version to 10.8.4 but weirdly you can't get EN to see that 10.8.4 is even available unless you do what I just did: complete re-install. 

(I would love to know if there is27203970_CompleteDeleteofEvernote.thumb.png.31a4563d6fae10962f640d0b844c3ecb.png a way to set Quick Notes to go to a specific notebook. Seems to default to Main without any choice.)

• Level 5

There are 2 Quick Note features on EN v10, so here are both:

This is the QuickNote widget on the Home Screen from the web client - it looks the same on my Mac, 11.2.1, EN 10.8.:

BEC34820-C1CA-4821-87F0-E4E73B96CB45.jpeg.65661d7818dae974afd2e23515bb5099.jpeg

The menu bar helper looks like this, new note creation at the bottom:

A6BA8E81-1EDD-429A-9B04-7BD866B9458B.thumb.png.a00a1d208dcf69312fb5316a48461fdb.png

About updating: Maybe there is a policy who gets the push update information when (reduce peak download traffic ?). There is an option in the EN help menu „Check for updates“ that will show the latest release plus the release information. You can update from there.

29 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

There is an option in the EN help menu „Check for updates“ that will show the latest release plus the release information. You can update from there.

Regarding Check for Updates, I don't see it on either version (not under the Help Menu and not anywhere else).

No-Check-for-Updates-in-EN.thumb.jpg.43343d6b4507a2af80c654bd76abdddb.jpg

33 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

This is the QuickNote widget on the Home Screen from the web client - it looks the same on my Mac, 11.2.1, EN 10.8.

Regarding the widgets: Not seeing those choices anywhere either. I've looked at the Quick Note menubar item on both versions (on both Macs) and clicking on the 3 dots only gives me one choice: Quit Evernote. So, it's just not there for me.

I also don't see any other way to create a Quick Note, at least not in the Clipper that's installed in Safari. (That was another thing I had to completely delete in order to install the latest version.)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure when it corrected itself, but my issue of not being able to see the options on the bottom seems to have been fixed.  I know for a while it seemed that evernote was updating every time I logged on the computer for a few weeks back when I originally posted this issue.  It hasn't auto-updated in a while.  So maybe they fixed the issue!

image.thumb.png.615b076f329cc851c5ad24d0450590b1.png

The only option I see when clicking the 3 dots in the top-right is Quit Evernote, but since the other options are now appearing on the bottom of the UI like I was previously used to, I assume this is correct.

image.png.85a2a4c97fc5cda3fbffc4a7ce55eeb0.png

Running Big Sur and these screenshots were from an iMac Pro 27"