Internal links for subheaders

barrimoon

Idea

5 replies to this idea

Evernote has never had this feature and I agree that it would be really useful. There is a related (at least in my mind) request for collapsible sections. 

Evernote has never been great at helping you navigate around long notes. My approach has always been that when a note gets too long I split it up and use a table of contents note to navigate to the new shorter notes which are effectively sections of a long "virtual note". This is obviously not ideal but it works in most cases. Perhaps the new sections formatting could be expanded to add some code behind the scenes that allowed you to easily move between sections.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Mike P said:

Evernote has never had this feature and I agree that it would be really useful. There is a related (at least in my mind) request for collapsible sections. 

Evernote has never been great at helping you navigate around long notes. My approach has always been that when a note gets too long I split it up and use a table of contents note to navigate to the new shorter notes which are effectively sections of a long "virtual note". This is obviously not ideal but it works in most cases. Perhaps the new sections formatting could be expanded to add some code behind the scenes that allowed you to easily move between sections.

Yeah, that would be a really good solution too. And the table of a content solution is kind of a primitive solution but I also use it when I have to. Btw, can you guys vote for this feature if you want it too.Maybe it would increase the odds this will be noticed by developers.