search for a tag using wildcard (*) not working?

All my projects are tagged as !p_ followed by a name, such as !p_my_dog_eats_grapefruit or !p_mydogeatsolives . If I search for tag:!p_* I don't get any results on either Windows or Android. I've checked https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/search_grammar.php and it seems it should work. Is the exclamation mark or underscore causing problems with this search?

1 hour ago, Jonathan Tompkins said:

All my projects are tagged as !p_ followed by a name, such as !p_my_dog_eats_grapefruit or !p_mydogeatsolives . If I search for tag:!p_* I don't get any results on either Windows or Android. I've checked https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/search_grammar.php and it seems it should work. Is the exclamation mark or underscore causing problems with this search?

I created a tag called  !p_s_sugar and was able to find the note I tagged it with using:

• tag:!* 
  • tag:!p*
  • tag:!p_*
  • tag:!p_s* etc etc

Are you using the most recent version (10.6.9)? There have been quite alot of improvements to tag searching in this version although I am unaware of this being an issue.

54 minutes ago, Mike P said:

I created a tag called  !p_s_sugar and was able to find the note I tagged it with using:

• tag:!* 
  • tag:!p*
  • tag:!p_*
  • tag:!p_s* etc etc

Are you using the most recent version (10.6.9)? There have been quite alot of improvements to tag searching in this version although I am unaware of this being an issue.

I'm using:

10.6.9-win-ddl-public (2254)
Editor: v116.1.14913
Service: v1.26.7
© 2019 - 2021 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

23 minutes ago, Jonathan Tompkins said:

I'm using:

10.6.9-win-ddl-public (2254)
Editor: v116.1.14913
Service: v1.26.7
© 2019 - 2021 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

Not that then. Really no idea why it works for me but not for you. I know you have tried on both Windows and Android but it might be worth trying the web version as you work directly on the database with no complications caused by synchronisation etc.

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, Jonathan Tompkins said:

I think the problem was that I want to search for more than one tag and it doesn't seem to like that when one of them contains a wildcard.

Are you using search any: tag:aaaa tag:bbbb*