Evernote icon invisible in taskbar, and then removes itself from taskbar after running

EvaluatingEvernote

Idea

I'm using 10.5.7. After pinning Evernote to the taskbar, it's there, but you can't see it. You have to mouse over it to know it's there. Then, after running it, and closing it, it's no longer pinned to the taskbar.

A true bug and one that should be fixed quickly, please. I've never seen such an obvious bug with an app.

• Like 1

2 replies to this idea

• Evernote Expert

I'm not noticing this issue although I have seen it with various other application shortcuts at different times in the past.  They always turned out to be graphics card issues bringing challenges inside Windows 10 rather than the application itself.

You don't say if you are using the Microsoft store version of the program or the direct download from the Evernote website.

My first suggestion would be to logout and then completely uninstall  version 10.5.7 and ensure you have removed the data and program directories.  Since a new, updated, version is released today, download that from Evernote and install.  See if that fixes the issue.

If this does not resolve then you might try a support ticket.