Slack/Evernote : open an Evernote link in app and not in web (Mac) ?

Dear Evernote and Slack users ?

Is there a way to open an classic Evernote link (evernote:///) in the app ?

Because I don't want to use the web version of Evernote...

My Slack do not seem to recognize evernote:/// link...

Many thanks,

Thomas

• 5 months later...

I figured out the solution after doing some research.

1. In the middle sidebar, right click a note, hover over “Copy Note Link” and on the keyboard hold down “alt/option”. It will change to “Copy Classic Note Link”, click that. The format should be evernote:///view/~
  2. In Slack, at the bottom of a window, click on Hyperlink button. In "Add link” window, input some referral text, and for the Link input the Evernote Classic Note Link.
  3. You will see a pop-up “Open link to app. Check “Always open links from Evernote” and then click on “Open Link” button
This should open the note within the Evernote app, not a browser. Previously when I clicked on "Copy Note Link" it would always open a link to Evernote Web in the browser, which was frustrating.

PS. I'm using Evernote Legacy version on Mac. 
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

This seems to be more a question with Slack than with EN.

To connect EN and Slack there is an integration available - since I don’t use Slack I can’t say to which extend:

https://evernote.com/intl/de/integrations

On the contrary, I believe that the issue was with Evernote and the complicated note links system it offers. I have the Evernote + Slack integration installed, but I think this would work even if the integration wasn't installed.

• Level 5

Currently we are in between with EN, legacy still exists, v10 is releasing new features every month.

To be on a stable footing, legacy is IMHO currently the better solution. The new links are designed to work within EN, or outside of it. With 3rd party the web links connecting to the server copy are probably the better option.

13 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Currently we are in between with EN, legacy still exists, v10 is releasing new features every month.

To be on a stable footing, legacy is IMHO currently the better solution. The new links are designed to work within EN, or outside of it. With 3rd party the web links connecting to the server copy are probably the better option.

Legacy FTW!

I cannot stand jumping around with Web links. My solution worked for me but YMMV…

19 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

EN v10 has no more local database.

Thus the web links - the only available database is the cloud master copy.

Ah I see, I didn't realize that. Thanks for clarifying that. No wonder it's so dang slow…