New version buggy. Installed "Legacy" v 7.14 - all better

I found the new v 10 of Evernote buggy - in particular, the "stacks" (level between Notebook and Note) didn't not work at all. If I selected a stack, then a note, I got an error message (and "try again" never worked). I found I could get to note by selecting a Notebook and then selected a Note from that list, but for me that meant 40 or 50 items to scroll through. 

The other irritant is that they changed the color selection from a lovely "colored pencils" dialog to only 8 colors in the banner - and they were a different set of colors. I had used color coding to flag certain entries from others in dozens of notes, and now I was forced to change colors - not critical, but annoying.

Following suggestions here, I downloaded the earlier version, now dubbed "Evernote Legacy" (v 7.14), and now everything is functioning as it should. I just downloaded and opened, and it found the right file with no issues. No need to delete the local data.

Dear Evernote: Let me know when you fix "stacks" and the color selector. Meanwhile, happy to stay with Legacy.

- Jim

• Level 5

Just to set this straight: A Stack is a group of notebooks (level above the notebooks), not between the notebook and the notes.

To select a group of notes within of a notebook, tags can be useful. Stacks don’t help.

The reduced color selection is related to unifying the clients for all sort of operating systems - likewise the font selection, and others. I doubt this will be reversed in the (near) future, because it was just introduced, and with a cause,  not out of thin air.

So legacy is a good solution for now, but not longer term.